How Inspect Pipeline References Working

Hi ,

Please help to understand how “Inspect Pipeline References” is working. I have knowledge on functionality of Inspect Pipeline References but how it is checking. Can we create our own java code to check similar kind of functionality? If anyone tried before please share the code of that service.

Thanks,
Mohankumar

Why do you want to write an “inspect Pipeline”? If you are interested in some value from Pipeline, then get it instead. Try to keep Pipeline to its bare minimum anyway.

Thanks for ur reply amank, I can get pipeline value, i hope that is not a concern here. But I want to write a code to inspect the flow what we written just for quality check like inspect pipeline reference (will give broken reference). So I guess how “Inspect Pipeline References” works internally will help me? Please anyone have an idea do update here…

Hi ,

Re-open my old post, is any back ground service will run in IS if use “Inspect Pipeline References” from developer?

I am assuiming the flow service is complete, then you can inspect the physical file “flow.xml” and make head tail out of it.

Or the easiest way is to write a java service and traverse the pipeline some where in runtime…with something like
Object object = null;
IDataCursor idc = pipeline.getCursor();
if(idc.first(“object”))
object = idc.getValue();
if(object == null)
throw some exception

Then you need to dig further and check what is the type of Object that you have on hand, it could be array of objects or a node

3rd Option is try playing with pub.schema:validatePipeline

Yes, Now I am checking with flow.xml file using java service. Do u have any example code for this kind of check could you post here?

pub.schema:validatePipeline - I don’t have much idea on this. Let me check further on this.

Hi Mohan,
What do you mean by “any back ground service will run in IS”. And i do not understand the reason for checking pipeline reference. Whenever you write any flow service always drop the unnecessary variables immediately no need to keep it for long so that you need to check it at later point of time whether it is in use or not.
It will reduce memory usage as well. Memory used by unwanted variables.
Apart from this if you have any specific reason of using “Inspect Pipeline References” service then please mention it.

Regards,
Vikas

Hi Vikas,

[FONT=Verdana]I assumed that some service will be called when we click “Inspect Pipeline References” in developer. I am doing an util service to check the quality of flow service, as part of this I have to check any broken reference is present in the flow. This feature available in Developer so I just want re-uses.

Simply want to replicate “Inspect Pipeline References” functionality in my code. Could u share your idea?

Thanks
Mohan
[/FONT]