ho to delete the used process model from MWS Admin console

Hi,

am using wM8.0.1 in windows 2003 R2 standard edition server, i have developed BPM process and published the MWS server, i have tested the process model so many times, please help me to delete the used process model from Administration–>Buisness–>Business processes.

am anot able to select the check box of the process model to click delete button, i observed that process model check box is enabled allow us to select it and can be delete it if we did not tested the process model ( Used–>No), If process model Used–Yes, check box is diabled.

Can any one help me on this…

Regards,
Anil kumar ellendula

You need to delete the related process instances first. Only then the process Instance is enabled for delete.

Hi Anil,

I think that is the expected behavior. Once you have enabled and used a process, that checkbox before the Process Name will be disabled.

→ If you are absolutely sure that this particular process you want to delete is already redundant and doesn’t serve any purpose, the way to delete it is to manually remove it’s traces from Process Audit Database (there are about 15 or so related tables). Make really sure that all references related to that particular process are cleaned up otherwise it might create problems (I pressume that your DBA will do this clean up - unless you’re in a DEV environment).
→ Otherwise, you can always opt for the safest which is disabling the particular process from:
MWS > Administration → Buisness → Business processes → Edit Process – Execution Enabled (uncheck).
Once a process is disabled, rest assure that Process Engine will not create a new instance of that process.

Note: Deleting the related entries for a process from Process Audit Database doesnt automatically delete the process you designed and developed from the Designer tool.

→ It’s worth to remember that when clicking the “Build and upload for execution” button from the Designer, this prompts IS to save the related information into the Process Audit Database.

You can check this piece of information related to Managing a Business Process from:
7-2-Getting_Started_with_Business_Process_Management.pdf (sorry, I’m still looking where to find this doc in 8.x). You can also check: http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Meann

Hello,

the interesting part of this is how to get rid of the “traces in the Process Audit db”. Have a look here [url]http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?p=65714[/url]. In one of my posts I descibed how I deleted all process instances of a given process model.

Regards,
Mathias

Hi,

Creating a service that does the clean up of Process Audit Database for the unwanted process might be good in a way that you dont have to hack in to each table one by one, so to speak automatic, but invoking a connection to the database might overdo(expensive) the required solution. This is ok in DEV region - since this is suppose to be a “controlled” environment. But if needs arise to delete redundant processes in PROD, it’s note worthy for the DBA to cleverly create an SQL procedure that does the “clean up” which is faster, quicker and more efficient.

Just a thought.

Kind Regards,
Meann

Hi Meann,

thanks for the interesting post.

I think you are overlooking one important detail. A Software AG customer who is using webMethods BPM (such as me) usually has no information about which tables to look at to find information about process instances. I haven’t seen documentation on the db schema and for me as a customer I would like to see the db schema as a black box because it is part of the product I use. And furthermore I would not even think about deleting rows of the product internal db in production.

I understand that software ag staff especially developers perfectly understand their own db schema and thus can safely delete rows from db because they know what they are doing (hopefully :wink: ).

I would be interested about your opinion on that.

Regards,
Mathias

Dear Mathias,

I understand where you’re coming from, you have a valid point.

Going back, i found the documentation :
<webMethods8.x-Home>_documentation\Monitor\8-0-SP1_Monitor_Users_Guide.pdf

• Which contains topics for:
  • Archiving or Deleting Audit Data Using Built-in Services
    (similar to what you did)

• Archiving or Deleting Audit Data Using Stored Procedures
    (lists the procedures with corresponding description of what related tables affected)

At the end of the day, the customer (you) decides which is suitble. We are for you and not against you. :slight_smile:

Thanks Mathias, your input is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Meann

Dear Meann,

thanks for the hint. Actually there is a list of table in the documentation you provided. That is very helpful.

Actually I also ended up using the archiving functionality of monitor to delete process data.

Regards,
Mathias