Help Help with Schemas IS 4.6

I’m working on a project where I am creating custom schemas.

1. Take DTD in XML Spy, create W3C schema. This produces a Schema with all datatypes = string. This will compile just perfect in IS4.6.
  2. Change various datatypes (currency, measurements are data type = decimal). Put contraints in. IS4.6 will not compile.

Here are the error messages. It makes absolutely no sense, because I have 22 instances of data type Integer where maxInclusive=“999” with no problem. Does anyone have any ideas? I have forwarded to webMethods and hope to hear something soon, but I am really behind on this project.

ERRORS (and the little piece of schema code):

Success: false

Error: 0
identifier: /schema/element[@name=“CCTICode”]

source: -----   Source   -----
<xs:restriction base="xs:integer">
				<xs:minInclusive fixed="false" value="1"/>
				<xs:maxInclusive fixed="false" value="99"/>
			</xs:restriction>

errorCode: XSDC-008

errorMessage: [B2BCORE.0082.9712] Incorrect facet (s) specified: com.wm.lang.schema.datatypev2.WmDecimal throws com.wm.lang.ns.NSException: [B2BCORE.0082.9485] This datatype cannot have this facet

<xs:element name=“CCTICode”>
xs:simpleType
<xs:restriction base=“xs:integer”>
<xs:minInclusive value=“1”/>
<xs:maxInclusive value=“99”/>
</xs:simpleType>
</xs:element>

Error: 1
identifier: /schema/element[@name=“CallOffLineItemNumber”]

<xs:maxInclusive fixed="false" value="999"/>

errorMessage: [B2BCORE.0082.9712] Incorrect facet (s) specified: com.wm.lang.schema.datatypev2.WmDecimal throws com.wm.lang.ns.NSException: [B2BCORE.0082.9485] This datatype cannot have this facet

<xs:element name=“CallOffLineItemNumber”>
<xs:maxInclusive value=“999”/>

Error: 2
identifier: /schema/element[@name=“PurchaseOrderLineItemNumber”]

<xs:element name=“PurchaseOrderLineItemNumber”>

Error: 3
identifier: /schema/element[@name=“RFQLineItemNumber”]

<xs:element name=“RFQLineItemNumber”>

Error: 4
identifier: /schema/element[@name=“ReamType”]

<xs:element name=“ReamType”>

I run into similar problems with the Schema on IS4.6 too. I did not create the schema myself, I was working on the OAG 8.0 schemas. They opened fine in XMLSpy, but I still couldn’t make them work in WM. It prompt me with some path issues with the includes at first, so I had to run it on a Linux box, and play with the files. WM finally stop complaining about the path or include files, but it come up with very simmilar errors you are getting. I am very frustrated. Help!

Had some contact with WM schema genius. He identified that in my particular circumstances, I had attribute values that were equal to element names. The element names that had the contraints in my original message also were listed in the attribute value enumeration list. Hence, the schema compiler correctly threw errors because attribute values do not have constraints because they are enumerated (at least these are.)

I have also found that XML Spy creates extraneous complex types when compiling W3C schemas for a DTD that includes or references another DTD (like a main doc that contains common elements throughout a series of documents.)

Who was this guru that you talked to?