Has anyone used the wM Multibyte File Parser

Hello everyone…long time, no talk. Like the rest of you I have been very, very busy.

I was wondering if anyone has used the webMethods Multibyte File Parser (6.0.1) adapter. Here’s the description from Advantage:

The webMethods Multibyte File Parser 6.0.1 provides a solution for parsing and generating text files using multibyte and mixed encodings. It provides support for Japanese mainframe code pages such as KEIS and JEF, custom encodings, and support for user-defined characters. It also supports files that contain a mixture of field types in the same record. Some of the field types supported include ZonedDecimal and PackedDecimal, full and mixed-width encoding forms, and fields with a fixed byte-length. This product is intended for use in place of the built-in FlatFile Adapter for these types of files.

I am trying to get information on this from webMethods. We are hoping this adapter can help us handle packed data from the mainframe. We have had issues trying to use convertToValues in the wmFlatFile package on files that contain packed data. It doesn’t seem to work.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,
Wayne

Wayne,

Did you have any luck with this? We are having the same issue… Our flat file is Fixed Length but it has ASCII and Some Japanese Characters… When we try to PArse through the flat file adapter all the information after the Japanese characters get Shifted!

I think the solution is Multi Byte Parser but I can’t find it?

Can yo help!

Wayne,

Did you have any luck with this? We are having the same issue… Our flat file is Fixed Length but it has ASCII and Some Japanese Characters… When we try to PArse through the flat file adapter all the information after the Japanese characters get Shifted!

I think the solution is Multi Byte Parser but I can’t find it?

Can yo help!

Hello,

I did contact webMethods and they said the Multibyte parser was developed in their Tokyo office and the documentation is only in Japanese. That was back in October 2004 so there may be English documentation by now.
I had a service request opened for this. If you contact webMethods support have them refer to Service Request # 1-46563755 and mention my name. Let me know if they help you.

By the way, we didn’t end up using this parser but it might work for what you want to do.

Regards,

Wayne

Documentation for the webMethods Multibyte File Parser 6.0.1 (in English and Japanese) is available in the Advantage Bookshelf:

[url=“http://advantage.webmethods.com/article/?id=bookshelf_multibyte_file_parser”]http://advantage.webmethods.com/article/?id=bookshelf_multibyte_file_parser[/url]

• Ajay