Getting Started with cXML and PunchOut

What is the best way to receive a punchoutSetupRequest message from an external partner? I know that this needs to go through TN, but not sure how to actually receive the message.

I just want to start with being able to accept the cXML through a service. Does this normally come through a soap message? Or do I just need to have my service accept the xml?

If you have ariba onramp adapter, you should use:
wm.b2b.cxml:receiveCXML as the inbound service to accept cXML documents.

if not, you can ask the client to send cXML documents to
wm.tn:receive
install the cXML TN doc types that will be used.

1 Like

Thanks, Tong. I wasn’t sure if the onRamp adapter was still in use going off it’s version number. I looked into it a little bit, but not sure that my company will pay for it.

In regards to wm.tn:receive, is it best practice to have the execute ACL for this open so anybody can hit it? I’ve seen some suggestions where I would create a service to receive the POSR and then have this service call wm.tn:receive internally.

If you can afford it, I’d still think the Ariba OnRamp adapter is a better option. It’s still being used by many people if they are handling cXML.

I won’t recommend to allow anonymous access for any service.
wm.tn:receive is by-design a common entry service provided out-of-box.

If you use some other entry service, so you can add your own logic, you can directly call internal services like: wm.tn.route:routeBizdoc
to process the document.
HTH,