Getting Mediator workin with Tomcat 3.3.1

I battled with getting Mediator working. It installed fine but as soon as I went to the verification page , I got an error.

Back to the drawing board. Why is Mediator not working ? I searched and found a document that says if you are using Tomcat 3.3.1 Mediator won’t work on it.

And then I found a message about spaces in the name. “if you have spaces in the name , reinstall. Make sure there is no spaces in the name.”

:mad:
Fine. I had installed Tomcat with the webdav server. So there is spaces in the name.
C:\Program Files\Software AG\Tamino\Tamino WebDav Server 3.1.3\jakarta-tomcat"

So what I did is to stop Apache. Stop tomcat. Stop Mediator. I copied the tomcat to c:\Tomcat.
In the c:\Tomcat\Conf* directory is a lot of config files. I searched for Tomcat and changed all the directories to “c:\tomcat” where it previously said "c:\Program Files\Software AG\Tamino\Tamino WebDav Server 3.1.3\jakarta-tomcat"

I also changed the TOMCAT_HOME in the Environment variables to point to the new directory.
In the Apache directory I also changed the httpd.conf to point to the new Tomcat directory.

I restarted my PC. Started Apache. Started Tomcat. And Started the Mediator Host without re-installing Mediator !!. :smiley:

I went to the Verification page in the Mediator page and checked it. Everything working 100%.

So there was no need to reinstall everything.

Now Mediator is working and I am happy. Thanks for the forum.

Hopefully this will help other people as well. :cool:

Miklos Hagymassy