Get User list and the Roles programmatically

Product/components used and version/fix level:

webMethods/My webMethods Server 10.3

Detailed explanation of the problem:

Hi All,

I got the task to provide a user list and the roles report every month for audit purposes.
I can get the information from MWS but it is manual way.

So I have tried to create this programmatically from Designer(JDBC), but I have difficulty finding the correct table.
I have tried the following tables:
TBLREL_USER_ROLE
TBLUSER
PARTNERUSER
USERTEMPLATE
USERPROPERTIES

But most of them are empty and not like the one from MWS > Administration > User Management > Users.

Can anyone help to advise on where I should get the list of users and it’s roles?

Thank you.

Best Regards
Fanny T

Please have a look at this thread on the same subject (as far as I understand your question).

You can inspect WmRoot/acls.dsp dsp page to get that information programatically. Unless you need that information directly from MWS this should have enough information for your requirement.

Hi Jan & Sarlak, thanks for the reply.

I am wondering whether I can query directly into the WM database to get what I want via JDBC.
I was looking at these tables but looks like they are not the correct ones:
TBLREL_USER_ROLE
TBLUSER
PARTNERUSER
USERTEMPLATE
USERPROPERTIES

Any anyone know which table I should refer to, other than using WmRoot and CSD API?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Fanny T

The CDS API is the official way to access this kind of information and it is not really difficult to use. In fact, having worked with it in the past, I would even dare to say that it is much easier to use than WmRoot services, let alone going against the database.

Could you explain what your reservations are about using the CDS API?

3 Likes

Hi,

this depends on whether you want to look at the data from IS User Management (users.cnf and the different acl*.cnf files in the IS config directory; via WmRoot hidden services) or the MWS User Managements (via wM CDS API services).

The MWS database schema is quite a complex one having several sections for different purposes.
When you really want take a deep dive into the MWS user management tables, look for those starting with WM_XT_*.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi Christoph,

Apologies for the delay due to other projects.

Thanks for the explanation. But I can’t find any CDS API package in our webMethods installation.
Do we need to download a separate package for this?
Currently, we are using webMethods 10.3.

Best Regards,
Fanny T

The CDS API is no IS package. Instead it is available on a Java level within IS. So you can write a few Java services on IS that do what you want.

Hi,

in later releases there is a WmCDS package available in IS to provide services, which implement the CDS API.

Regards,
Holger

Excellent point by made @Holger_von_Thomsen !

What I had forgotten earlier, was to throw in the link to the MWS Java API documentation in general and for CDS specifically

2 Likes

During installation using SAG installer, select the Common Directory Service Support library and Central User Managementpackage(WmCDS package) as part of the Integration Server installation

1 Like

Hi All,

Apologies for the late reply.

Many thanks for the valuable input.
With the hint from Holger, I found the users table in MWS database.
In our database, it is table “T_WM_XT_SYSDIRUSER”.

I will also explore the CDS package once we migrate to 10.15.

Thank you again, everyone.

Best Regards,
Fanny T