Get String in a Document

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

WM 10.7

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Hi Experts,

Is there a way to get the String details in a document type? I am trying different logic but still stuck in this step. I want to get the task type, service and target.
Sample attached.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

N/A

Hi Michelle,

I try to understand your issue, is that you mean you need to get the specific fields properties?
Is this a customized document or build in?

Kind regards,
Alex Foo

Hi Alex,

Yes, I am trying to get specific properties. This is built in from pub.scheduler:getUserTaskList.

Hi Michelle,

you can refer to this documentation page 687, there are some information and description about the fields.

Kind regards,
Alex Foo

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the documentation. Though, when I am trying to get the details from pub.scheduler:getUserTaskList, it is not available in the pipeline. I am only seeing the properties when I debug it.

I already created a loop to get the tasks that met my condition. However, I can’t get the properties I need because it is not visible in the pipeline. (It is in a form of documentlist and the properties is under each document.)

Screenshot from pipeline: tasks is already expanded but don’t have the properties under it.

Screenshot while debugging:

Is there a way to extract some/all the properties under tasks (which is document type) because on the next step, I need to map those properties to other string.

Thank you.

You can create a Document Type with the expected list of fields, and use that as a Document Reference in your mappings.

For internal services, in WmRoot for example, the inputs and outputs are hidden, to discourage use as they’re not supported.

Supported and Recommended - You can use these operations present in the Admin API instead, and more.
See page 1010 in this document (link) -

KM

1 Like

Hi Michelle,

Besides create your own document type, you can try directly right click → insert → string like my screenshot below;
If you are clear what fields you want and have the values. It is because even in pipeline, the tasks documentlist dont have any fields, but if the service run, it still will need those fields to store the values.

Kind regards,
Alex Foo

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions Alex and Kasi.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.