FTP put

I am new user and starter of webMethods.Please dont mind if it is a simple quetsion.
I m trying to FTP a flatfile through ftp service.In that I m giving my service path in dirpath,is that correct?
what should be given in localfile and remotefile?

Hi Varaki,

For your

1. dirpath, you should state your remote directory path that you want to store your file.
  2. localfile, you should state the full path of the file that you want to transfer from your local machine to the remote machine.
  3. remotefile, you should state the file name that you want to store the file as in your remote machine. It can be the same name with the original file from your localhost or different name.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kuhen

in that case then where we will give the service that should be invoked once file is FTP’d.

I m actually trying to FTP a flatfile as input to convertToValues service.Where should I mention this service?

Hi Varaki,

Are you trying to ‘get’ or ‘put’ the flatfile? Can you explain a little bit on the scenario?

Regards,
Kuhen

Hi Kuhen,

I m actually confused of the task of service like what it does.I have gone through doc and I got idea of it.I really appreciate your effort in trying to give an answer

Hi Varaki,

I would be able to help you if I know what you intend to do.

Regards,
Kuhen

sure kuhen I will let you know if I have any doubts abt that