FTP files from VAN

Hi All,

what is the best way to get the files from VAN?

I’m using FTP in my service to connect to VAN to get the files and keeping them in monitor directory and then using file polling to pick the files and do further processing. Everything is working fine and I scheduled the service to run for every 15 mins. It worked fine for 2 weeks without any problem and all of a sudden Scheduling got corrupted in webMethods (sometimes the value in ‘nextRun’ is having -ve value or a +ve value like 9453875917457308 and the service is never getting invoked). If I reboot the system, it works fine for one or two times and again the same story continues…

I’m just wondering if we have any other option to pull the files from VAN using TN or some other way.

Experts, please kindly suggest me.

Thanks,
Naveen.

Naveen,

yes there is option which you can directly push the edi documents from VAN to TN using public queues (delivery method)which uses EDIForTN package VAN FTP services…

please look in the EDIForTN userguide for more information on using those services.

HTH,
RMG.

I think having the VAN push EDI to you is a function of the VAN not webMethods or TN. You will need to set up a directory that the VAN can access to and have them drop the files off there.
That directory can be a polling directory for webMethods.
Don’t forget about your network security folks as they tend to go crazy when they hear the word push.

I think having the VAN push EDI to you is a function of the VAN not webMethods or TN. You will need to set up a directory that the VAN can access to and have them drop the files off there.
That directory can be a polling directory for webMethods.
Don’t forget about your network security folks as they tend to go crazy when they hear the word push.