FTP error

RMG or someone,
Please help.

Regards,
Roger

Roger,

What is the receiving service input you set?I believe you have set it node object this will be in the pipeline unless you set the content-type=“text/xml”.Since you are ftping from command prompt directly to the ns of the service, set the contentStream(stream object)and the steps will be streamTobytes,bytestoString,stringToDocument,documentToRecord and further mapping IDOC transforming services.

Please test with the above input and debug the pipeline with getTransportInfo service.

HTH,
RMG.

RMG,
Thanks for the reply.

My receiving flow service is as follows.

1. documentToRecord (Here, the makeArrays has been set to true) I map the boundNode output to my record structure that I have created using XML file)
  2. Loop (Here I loop through the loop structure and map the fields to IDOC structure)
  3. pub.sap.idoc:transformHierarchyToFlat
  4. pub.sap.transport.ALEutboundProcess

I created the first step using create new service to receive an XML file.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Ramesh

Actually your error shows that transformHierarchyToFlat is getting nullpointer exception while parsing to IDOC structure.So please step thru the mapping flow before you map to the transform service whether the created IDOC structure is in expected shape based on the IDOC schema.

HTH,
RMG.

Also check whether the inputs to the transform service is correctly mapped or if something missing.

RMG,
Please let me know How to step through this process when FTPing the file from command prompt?

After my documentToRecord step, I have a loop step. My loop step is as follows

Loop over ‘/ship_conf/ALS/SHIPCONFIRM/HEADER’
–Map a field from Header (order number) to IDOC (DELVRY03/DELVRY03/IDOC/E1EDL20-VBELN).

Thanks,
Roger

Once after the documentToRecord process are you seeing the XML Document structure(boundNode)extracted with xml data?

You put the savepipeline before the documentToRecord service and run the ftp which your new service will be invoked which receives the xml as you said.Once it hits the second service the data will be saved in the pipeline.So do restorepipeline and step thru the flow starting from documentToRecord step.

HTH,
RMG

RMG,
It worked.

Thanks,
Roger