flow services

Hi ,

I need to validate the file wich is in database having some values in such away that while validation I have to check that the sum of least child values should be equal to its just superior parent.iam sending this sample file for the better understanding ….plz go tru it.the rules tht I was given to consider while validation is like this…

sum ofvalues of group code (5) should be equal to value of its following superior group code(4).
sum of values of group code (4) should be equal to value of its following superior group code(3). sum of values of group code (3) should be equal to value of its following superior group code(2). sum of values of group code (2) should be equal to value of superior group code(1).

Can we do this using the flow services if so can any one tell me steps it incurres to write the flow steps.or will it be ok if we wirte a java code for this as this thing seems to eb complicatd to m ein developing using the flowservices.As I am new to webMethods….iam in confusion in handling this file.

Any help will be a great one
final.xls (20 KB)

Correct me if I am wrong but with this requirement all the group code values will be equal to each other , isn’t it ?

are you trying to resolve a webMethods issue??

I see that you are asking us to solve a programming question!! Go back to ESC101

hi talha khan,
iam glad tht u respond to my query,and iam sorry for tht u didnt understand my querymay be i was not clear in xpainig my prob…let me explain u

i have given a one csv file to validate in 3 differnt validation phases.
1.V1-is checking the data for the correctness and completeness
2.V2-is evaluating the internal validations as given by the client.(only the files tht passed V1.)
3.V3-validation comparing the data of differrent csv records.

the query i asked u is realted to V2.

iam not from the programing background.i want to write the flowservice for the folowing scenario of this file.

Excel (sheet2)file tht iam sending u along with this thread amy be most helpful for u to understand.

Now my query is… what is the combination of the flowsteps tht i should write for checking the values as follows…

(1020101+1020101+1020103+1020104)=10201
(1020201+1020202+1002023+1020204)=10202
(1020301+1020302+1020303)=10203
:
:
:
:
(10101+10102+10103)=101.
10201+10202+10203)=102.

and so on…plz help in this…
final.xls (20.5 KB)

hi surabhm,

iam happy tht u seen my query,,,yes its most likely the programtic  issue.. in one way.But as iam not from the programatic background it haapen me to handel this thing at this moment.

at iam expecting u a logic for this from u if u can help this needy…

thnakx in advance.

So if you are having issues reading the excel file, I suggest that you look into JExcel API.

Else, if you already have access to the values (say in a Db), all you need to do is “strip the last 2 chars” to determine which group it belongs to.

HTH.