Flat File schema question - multiple details with pipe delim

Hi Everyone. I cannot figure out how to do this and how this works. See the below data (very simplified, but I believe mirrors my issue):

|JOE|ROBERTS|3|4555|1.50|CHAINS|4556|1.55|NUTS|4557|1.60|BOLTS|3.65|END|

okay:

|JOE|ROBERTS|3 <== Header=“” (1=“” the=“” last=“” field=“” “3”=“” represents=“” how=“” many=“” line=“” items=“” will=“” follow=“” |4555|1.50|CHAINS|4556|1.55|NUTS|4557|1.60|BOLTS=“”><== represents=“” the=“” 3=“” line=“” items=“” (could=“” have=“” 3=“” details,=“” could=“” have=“” 200,=“” it=“” is=“” unlimited)=“” |3.65|END|=“”><=== Footer=“” (1=“” I=“” cannot=“” figure=“” out=“” how=“” to=“” properly=“” set=“” this=“” up.=“” I=“” think=“” I’m=“” having=“” the=“” most=“” issues=“” trying=“” to=“” figure=“” out=“” how=“” to=“” handle=“” the=“” line=“” item=“” situation.=“” How=“” do=“” you=“” set=“” up=“” the=“” schema=“” so=“” that=“” in=“” that=“” continuous=“” pipe=“” delimited=“” line,=“” the=“” parser=“” will=“” know=“” that=“” there=“” are=“” 3=“” line=“” items=“” in=“” it=“” and=“” where=“” each=“” detail=“” line=“” starts=“” and=“” stops.=“” I’ve=“” set=“” up=“” a=“” flat=“” file=“” dictionary=“” whereas=“” there=“” are=“” 3=“” different=“” sections:=“” for=“” the=“” Header,=“” for=“” the=“” Detail,=“” and=“” for=“” the=“” footer.=“” The=“” schema=“” was=“” set=“” up=“” so=“” that=“” the=“” detail=“” line’s=“” max=“” repeat=“” is=“” unlimited.=“” In=“” Flat=“” File=“” definition=“” -=“”> delimiter was selected; record is setup as newline and subfield is setup as |. Yet I continue to get “No Valid Record” errors.

Can someone please help me with this?</===></==></==>

Not sure why the contents of my request is showing up so poorly in the forum. Here it is again.

Hi Everyone. I cannot figure out how to do this and how this works. See the below data (very simplified, but I believe mirrors my issue):

|JOE|ROBERTS|3|4555|1.50|CHAINS|4556|1.55|NUTS|4557|1.60|BOLTS|3.65|END|

okay:

|JOE|ROBERTS|3 <== Header=“” (1=“” the=“” last=“” field=“” “3”=“” represents=“” how=“” many=“” line=“” items=“” will=“” follow=“” |4555|1.50|CHAINS|4556|1.55|NUTS|4557|1.60|BOLTS=“”><== represents=“” the=“” 3=“” line=“” items=“” (could=“” have=“” 3=“” details,=“” could=“” have=“” 200,=“” it=“” is=“” unlimited)=“” |3.65|END|=“”><=== Footer=“” (1=“” I=“” cannot=“” figure=“” out=“” how=“” to=“” properly=“” set=“” this=“” up.=“” I=“” think=“” I’m=“” having=“” the=“” most=“” issues=“” trying=“” to=“” figure=“” out=“” how=“” to=“” handle=“” the=“” line=“” item=“” situation.=“” How=“” do=“” you=“” set=“” up=“” the=“” schema=“” so=“” that=“” in=“” that=“” continuous=“” pipe=“” delimited=“” line,=“” the=“” parser=“” will=“” know=“” that=“” there=“” are=“” 3=“” line=“” items=“” in=“” it=“” and=“” where=“” each=“” detail=“” line=“” starts=“” and=“” stops.=“” I’ve=“” set=“” up=“” a=“” flat=“” file=“” dictionary=“” whereas=“” there=“” are=“” 3=“” different=“” sections:=“” for=“” the=“” Header,=“” for=“” the=“” Detail,=“” and=“” for=“” the=“” footer.=“” The=“” schema=“” was=“” set=“” up=“” so=“” that=“” the=“” detail=“” line’s=“” max=“” repeat=“” is=“” unlimited.=“” In=“” Flat=“” File=“” definition=“” -=“”> delimiter was selected; record is setup as newline and subfield is setup as |. Yet I continue to get “No Valid Record” errors.

Can someone please help me with this?
</===></==></==>