Flat File Dictionary Validation Issue

Hi RMG and all experts,

I have IS 6.1 and developed one FF Schema dictionary.This dictionary is parsing a flat file. In this dictionary I have added length validator for each field which i am extracting using Nth field extractor.

Along with length validator, i also want to use one of my formatting service for each of my field to check the format of the field. But when i use both of these options then pub.flatFile:converToValues generate an error in its out put array of errors indicating that the Element is too long even if length of the field is within limit.

If i remove my formatting service then it works fine. Can anybody please let me know what could be an issue and how i can solve it.

Thanks
Atul

Hi All,

Can any one help me to resolve below mentioned issues ASAP.

Thanks

Hello

what are you actually doing in the formatting service .Is it a date formatting or what ???

thanks
Anil

Hi Anil,

I am using formatting service to check Number format. If coulmn where i am expecting numbers gives me some String which i can not convert into numbers then i need to raise an exception so to check such fields i am using this NumberFormatting service.

Thanks

Hi

Did you tried trimming the field with in the format service like

—>trim
---->pub:formatservice(may be validate etc)

becz i think somehow u may be getting empty spaces append with the field for which u are using the format service .Try this

thanks
Anil

Yes, i tried this earlier but it didn’t help.

I even checked my flat file and i didn’t find any blank space after these fields.

Thanks

Hi
just to make sure did u create the format service correctly i.e referencing the format service template from flatfile package and wrote ur validate or string string services in it
If so please try keeping validator property to none and use the custom format service u created. i Tried this earlier for one of my projects and it worked

thanks
Anil

Hi Anil,

Yes, i m referencing a format service template. I m using this template as it is.

There is a input variable validate in format service but i am not setting it explicitly, by default it is comming true. Even if i set it to none in format service (Java class),there is no way i can pass it to output parameters of formatting service (Template is not having any output variable where i can set this).

I may not have understood your point, appreciate if you can tell me in details what exactly you want me to try out.

Thanks