Filling RecordList

Hi all,
this must be an easy one for you but I have no idea.
the process:

1. receive recRef
  2. loop over recRef
  3. Branch for SegmentName :/recRef/TNIDOC/IDOC_DATA_REC_40/SEGNAM
  4. Three different sequences –> mapping
  5. all mapping map into THE SAME record in different segments (one segment can be created more than one time)

Question:
After looping over recRef (1Segment1, 4Segment2, 1Segment3) I get a record with (1Segment1, 1Segment2 (the last one), 1Semgment3). But I need all Segments.
Do I have to use a recordList? Are there any parameters.

Thanks you verry much for your help.

Regards,

Dennis

Dennis,

Yes you have to use a recordList and use the appendToRecordList or appendToDocumentList a WmPublic service and first map the segments to a temporary record and use the append service to build the recordList.

Please use the search functionality in this site how to make use of the above append services,since it is tricky while appending.

HTH,
RMG.

RMG,

you are right. This service is really tricky. I use appendToRecordList and he allway appends me the whole Record. But I want to append just the segments. one by one. not allway the complete record.

let’s see what I can find on this site for using this service.

thanks for your help.

regards,

dennis

goodluck.

Hi,
can I do a http post using the full URl along with the Data instead of passing the Data as string. I am trying to do this but I am not successfull in getting back any response. Did anyone run into this issue.
Thank you
Kris

Hi,

how can I clear the “fromItem”-record in appendToRecordList??
This service fillst the old data also into the segments.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis,
Please drop the fromItem after the data is uploaded into the recordList. for each iteration the from item temp record is populated.

Wm_Kris

Dennis,

When you map the inputs of append service then in the pipelineout drop the fromItem there it self and also make sure that you also drop the field mapping to fromItem in the pipelinein itself.

This is a tricky service and if you drop the fields as mentioned above,so overwrite will occur and appends each row successfully.

HTH,
RMG

Hi kris,rmg,

I deleeted the from Item with a normal mapping service delleting the field. Now I have a record list with following structure:
rec_XY
Header
Segment1
Segment2
Segment 2.1
Segment 2.2
Segment3
Segment 3.1
Segment 3.1
Trailer

From this list, I have to map into a normal record.
I use recordListToRecord but without success:
Error Message: Data key is null

Do I have to loop over the RecordList using recordListToRecord?
What do I have to write in name and value?

Thanks for your help,

Dennis