Filepooling

Hello,

Can someone help me to read the file from filepooling. there are very few resources available for the same,

Regards,
Bidya

Hi Bidya,

can you provide some more details like wM version, steps you have already tried so far etc., please?

You might want to take a look at the IS Administrators Guide for how to set up a file polling port.

Regards,
Holger

Hello Thomsen,
Thanks a lot.
I am able to fix the issue of my own.
Now I have another issue related to the same, my filePoller is pulling the file and then i am able to convert to XML document and from that document i want to write to flatFile.
I can see data in ffValue but when i defined the ffSchema, the file was created but it is 0KB don’t know why and what i am missing,
Can you please suggest.

Hi Bidya,

after converting the incoming flatfile to xml you will need to map the data to the target flatfile document structure before writing the resulting flatfile.

Some screenshots of your handling service(s) might be helpful for further assisting.

Regards,
Holger

Hello Holger,
Thanks a lot.
I am attaching three file screenshot, input.xml, ouput.txt and flatfile schemoutputtxt

serviceservice

Hi Bidya,

please check your FlatFile definition, looks like the fields QuantityOnHand and Serial are in wrong order.
Additionally there seems to be an issue with field separator and white space handling.

Regarding your service: Would you mind to share the pipeline mappings for the steps please?

Regards,
Holger

Thanks Thomsen,
Even the order looks wrong on the screen shot but the position for QuantityOnHand and Serial are 3 and 2 respectively.

Sure, I have attached all pipeline.

I need your help to solve this.

Hi Bidya,

I still cannot see, where your issue is exactly.

Please consider sharing the FF DocType and Dictionary as well per screenshots.

Can you provide some pipeline data samples (per debugging the service) for each step in your flow?

In my opinion the body from getFile might not be recognized by xmlStringToXMLNode correctly.

Dou you have any error messages in the server.log or error log which might be helpful for further analysis?

Regards,
Holger

Hello Thomsen,

Attached the complete Package called as “SAGTutorial”, you need to look the “XMLProcessing” service.
Attached the sample input file in XML format
Attached the sample output file in .txt format.SAGTutorials.zip (49.7 KB) myinput.xml (491 Bytes) myoutput.txt (95 Bytes)

Hello Holger,

Any update on this?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.