failed to generate wsd from wsdl - nullPointerException thrown by Developer 7.1

hi guys,

please have a look at this wsdl as Developer 7.1 is throwing
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at wm.server.ws.wsdl2wsd(ws.java:1125)

when trying to generate WSD.

My suspicion is the string[] and hexBinary[] arrays as inputs…
Could those be a problem here?
The WSDL can be used fine from JAVA/AXIS:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsd:complexType name="AttachmentNameArray">
    <xsd:complexContent>
      <xsd:restriction base="soapenc:Array">
         [B]<xsd:attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="xsd:string[]"/>[/b]
      </xsd:restriction>
    </xsd:complexContent>
</xsd:complexType>

<xsd:complexType name=“AttachmentArray”>
xsd:complexContent
<xsd:restriction base=“soapenc:Array”>
<xsd:attribute ref=“soapenc:arrayType” wsdl:arrayType=“xsd:hexBinary[]”/>
</xsd:restriction>
</xsd:complexContent>
</xsd:complexType>

</xsd:schema>
<operation name="doDeliver">
  <input message="typens:doDeliver"/>
  <output message="typens:doDeliverResponse"/>
</operation>
<operation name="doDeliver">
  <soap:operation soapAction="urn:FormDeliveryAction"/>
  <input>
<mime:multipartRelated>        
        <mime:part>
             <soap:body use="encoded"
               namespace="urn:FormDelivery"    
               encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
         </mime:part> 
     <mime:part>
             <mime:content part="attachments" type="unknown"/>
         </mime:part>    
     </mime:multipartRelated>
  </input>
  <output>
    <soap:body use="encoded"
               namespace="urn:FormDelivery"
               encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
  </output>
</operation>

Thanks a lot for any feedback

//Matt

I am receiving a similar error for another wsdl generated from axis code. For mine, the same WSDL loads fine in webmethods 6.1 SP2, but not in 7.1.1, so I opened an SR with webMethods to have them take a look. Mine also has a string array in it.

hi tamara,

I have also opened a SR with wM now, so let’s see what they come up with.
However, it would be great if some of the gurus from here could have a look and share their opinions.

//Matt

Going to take a wild guess and say the WSDL was generated from an existing piece of code, yes? :wink:

Drop the array types which will cause all kinds of interoperability issues across platforms. If you need an attachment use base64Binary type or you could try ws-attachments(not sure if that works with IS haven’t tried it).

Hehe, very likely, I don’t know how they generated it but can ask :slight_smile:

Anyway, got SR with wM now, so I will post the results here so others will have a faster route to how to deal with arrays in -to-be-consumed- WSDL files.

Thanks

//Matt

hi guys, just wanted to update you on this

wM/SAG provided an engineering fix for IS for this issue, which solved the null pointer exception and I was able to generate the web service connector.
The arrays were then transformed by Developer into String Lists with respective content types.

Official fix should be available soon…

//Matt