Failed in starting JDBC Adapter due to IO Exception

Hello,

I have configured the below parameters in an adapter connection named : testConnection.

Failed : Unable to start the adapter connection
Reason : Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource adapters:testConnection.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection adapters:testConnection: after 1 attempt(s).
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager. [ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”. Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Placed the ojdbc14.jar file in SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\lib\jars
as well as in SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars

I have also checked the below answers from wm community :

1.> Having Problem while enabling JDBC Adapter - #8 by siri0011
2.> JDBC adapters - #2 by Samuel_Tobias
3.>Problem enabling JDBC Adapter - #11 by Guest

From DB side :
listener is active and running.
I am able to connect to all JDBC pools in IS.

Please guide me , where am i going wrong here.

Thanks & Regards,
Ram.

Hi Ram,

Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection, happens if server name or port number is wrong. In the test connection, Server Name and Database Name are same. Kindly confirm if the Server Name is correct.

Regards,
Amrendra

2 Likes

Server Name should be the DB server HostName or IP address. Please try to modify that and try to test again. Also if you SQL developer or any other third party tool installed on server try to test with same details once.

2 Likes

Thank to all,
I have configured the IP address of oracle server instance under server name , and it worked fine.

Regards,
Ram.

Hi Ram,

which version of IS are you running on?

Please note the following:

• ojdbc14.jars is fairly old (build on Java 1.4) and might have issues with recent versions of Oracle Databases 12c and newer.
  • Starting with wM 9.6 the directory structure of IS has changed to allow multiple instances for one installation base directory. The pathes mentioned above will only work up to wM 9.5.
  • For wM 9.6 and newer the pathes will have an additional directory instances/<instance_name> between IntegratioServer and packages or lib directory.
  • The jar is not needed under the lib/jars resp. lib/jars/custom directory, recommended place is packages WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars. This will avoid class loading issues when having different ojdbc.jars in different lib- or jars-directories.

The number in the jar file name indicate the Java version for which the jar was built.
Most recent wM versions will work with ojdcb7.jar or ojdbc8.jar for database driver version 12.1.0.2 (last one with an ojdbc7.jar) or newer (which will only have an ojdbc8.jar and sometimes an ojdbc10.jar or ojdbc11.jar, but currently there is no wM version which is certified for newer Java versions beyond Java 8).

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hello Holger,

Thank you very much for the information, I am currently using WM10.5 Free trail version.

As per 3-point : The path to place the jar file should be under
SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\default\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars

I think this does support only the particular instance , In my case ’ Default - instance '.

How about multiple instance’s, doesn’t it count if placed under SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\lib\jars to be accessible by all instances.

Thank you.
Ram.

Hi Ram,

no this will not work as neither IntegrationServer/lib/… nor IntegrationServer/packages/… will be part of the real instances classpath then. These directories will only be taken into account when new instances are created and these directories are copied to instances/<instance_name>/ structure.

Active instances will only have access to files under the instances/<instance_name>/… directory.
Different instances in one installation root can have different versions of these jars if neccessary (for what reason ever).

Reason for recommending the jar in the WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars/ dir instead of /lib/jars/custom is that the jar can easier be replaced with new version by just reloading the WmJDBCAdapter package to activate instead of having to restart the whole IS instance then.

Addendum:
The Trial version has only an instance named “default” available.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Thanks for the information !!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.