Fabricaware Developer

Feature Pack 1 for Developer adds new features that allow you to open the Fabric from Developer, publish Integration Server doc/lit or rpc web services into the Fabric and generate web service connectors from web services already published to Fabric from other sources.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the update…

Here’s a screenshot that shows generating a web services connector from a web service published to fabric.

Hi ,
I am trying to explore Fabric. Please give me the steps to be followed for a simple example. I went through a paper and the guide from webMethods. Still I am not able to start the fabric server.
The paper says type “Fabric http:\localhost:8006\examples” but what should be the classpath. I could not find the batch file in the package. It would be helpful if someone could give a simple step-by-step start up guide.

Thanks,
Pavithra.

Pavithra,

Find and read the documentation in the Fabric docs folder. It contains a quick start example that should answer most of your questions.

Your classpath should contain the “fabric-all.jar” and “fabric-examples.jar” files. They are located in the “fabric\lib” folder.

There are also a couple of Fabric-related white papers posted here on WMUsers as well as on the Conneva web site that you might find useful.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Hi Mark ,
I don’t have a fabric folder in my installation. But if Fabric is not installed then I’ll not be able to see the Open Fabric etc tabs in Developer. So how do I check if it has been installed properly or not.
I don’t have a fabric folder anywhere. The only jar files I have is fabricClient.jar and Fabric-FPMessages-All-Any.jar.
Let me add that I have installed webMethods ( rather the organization got the license ) after Oct 2004.

Thanks,
Pavithra.

I think the Fabric-specific features in Developer show up when you install Service Pack 1 for Developer and Integration Server. In order for those features to do anything, you need an installation of Fabric somewhere on an accessible network (or on your local machine if you prefer).

An authorized user from your company can download Fabric from the “SW Downloads->Download Products” section on Advantage. Installer 6.2, released yesterday, still can’t be used to install Fabric or Glue. You have to download those products separately.

BTW, the “Fabric” name is now going to be used for the entire integration platform. The product formerly known as Fabric will be renamed “ServiceNet”.

Mark

Once you download and install Fabric, add your company’s license file to the “fabric-all.jar” file using the command

After doing so, open one command prompt window and type

Open a second window and type

These steps are all listed in the “Quickstart Tutorials” section of the “Fabric User Guide” found in <install>fabric\docs\guide folder.

Hi Mark ,

I could not see Fabric in SW Downloads section. Is that some problem with the license. Do you know if there is an evaluation version for Fabric ? I just want to explore Fabric ..is there any way ? 

Thanks,
Pavithra.

That probably means that your company has not licensed Fabric. To verify that send an email to keymaster {AT} webMethods {DOT} com. You can contact your regional sales manager to explore whether an evaluation version would be available to your company.