FA Status for Inbound transactions

Hi,

850’s are sent to TN with split option Transaction.so for a transaction the below will show up with FA status @ group level as “not acknowledged”.

X12 Envelope
X12 Group
X12 4010 850

Have a auto generate FA set to true so a 997 (X12 Envelope) is created for the same transaction automatically.

but the status of the X12 group isn’t changed to “matched” though I have 997 X12 in the TN which is auto generated.looks like below

X12 Envelope
X12 Envelope ( 997 )
X12 Group
X12 4010 850

1)How can I split the X12 enevelope(997) to also get X12 4010 997 (split option for auto generated 997 transaction) to get this matched.

1. also the group control number for the 997 is generated from the table so will not match the transaction received.In that case will this record will still be matched.

Any help is greatly Appreciated.

Cheers!
Vkram

1)How can I split the X12 enevelope(997) to also get X12 4010 997 (split option for auto generated 997 transaction) to get this matched.

In the outbound partner specific TPA do you have splitOption=Transaction? this way X12 4010 997 will also show up.

HTH,
RMG

Thanks rmg for your time.

Yeah I agree with what you are saying.the outbound pair TPA has split option to be transaction and works for all other transactions but for auto generated FA’s.

Is this a normal behavior or am I missing some property

Thanks!

Rmg…let me rephrase my question.

We get inbound data and a FA is generated automatically.The FA status is Not acknowledged as I mentioned before…

As it is an inbound what should the status be in general?after the 997 is sent.

if it was outbound fa status “accepted” and 997 fa status “matched” make sense but is it the same for inbound too?

Cheers!

As the Auto FA is ON the outbound X12Envelope (for 997) will be delivered automatically depends on our outbound rule to VAN/AS2 etc…

what setup/process you have currently in place:

HTH,
RMG

Thanks RMG.

Its exactly the same setup same.Auto generate FA and a rule kicks off a delivery service.

But how to we link that FA to the transaction. that’s where I was trying to use FA Status so it can say matched or accepted to confirm that FA was created without checking the control number…

Cheers!

Try check/query the EDITracking table also and there should be matching entry for reconciliation when OB X12 4010 997 persists (notice the Activity log)

HTH,
RMG