Export and import configurations / pages from MWS server

Hi All,

In MWS server, can all the configurations such as login page rules, shell and start page rules, MWS Roles, CAF parameters, public folders etc be bundled in one file and be kept as a backup (in some local file systems) other than creating a build using deployer with these configuration components?

I tried using Folders > Administrative Folders > Administration Dashboard > Migration > Content Import/Export but I am able to export only one configuration file (for e.g: only one shell page rule) at one time.

Are there any other alternatives present to take a back up of all the application specific configurations from MWS server?

regards,
Raj

Hey Raj,

you can backup your applicatio, skin, fabric tasks, rules using WmDeployer.

Best regards

Ismael

Hi Ismael,

Thank you for your suggestion. But one concern is, we need to create seperate build (for backup purpose) with these configuration files every time when a change is done in them. More over, after some time if we need to prepare another new MWS server to have all these configurations and make the application running, we need to deploy all the builds which are created so far in it’s order.

Is there a way where I can take these configuration files and apply version control (E.g., hooking up these files to SVN)?

regards,
Raj

Hey Raja,

you can create a full MWS Build contents all the configuration of the MWS that your project need. Or you can use “project automator” that create a build from an SVN repository. When you want.

Best regards

Ismael