Error when starting server in Software AG Designer 10.15

I have downloaded Software AG Designer 10.15 zip, extracted and started the IDE. But when trying to start server using that getting below error, and stops proceeding further.
Note that I used the zip file without jdk and using java version 18 in my local machine.

ISSERVER|| 2024-03-14 16:19:39 AEDT [ISS.0014.0054C] (tid=16) Error occurred while initializing server: com.google.inject.internal.util.$ComputationException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at com.google.inject.internal.util.$MapMaker$StrategyImpl.compute(MapMaker.java:553) at com.google.inject.internal.util.$MapMaker$StrategyImpl.compute(MapMaker.java:419) at com.google.inject.internal.util.$CustomConcurrentHashMap$ComputingImpl.get(CustomConcurrentHashMap.java:2041) at com.google.inject.internal.FailableCache.get(FailableCache.java:50) at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjectorStore.get(ConstructorInjectorStore.java:49) at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl.initialize(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:125) at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.initializeJitBinding(InjectorImpl.java:521) at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBinding(InjectorImpl.java:847) at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBindingRecursive(InjectorImpl.java:772) at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getJustInTimeBinding(InjectorImpl.java:256) at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getBindingOrThrow(InjectorImpl.java:205) at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getInternalFactory(InjectorImpl.java:853) at com.google.inject.internal.FactoryProxy.notify(FactoryProxy.java:46) at com.google.inject.internal.ProcessedBindingData.runCreationListeners(ProcessedBindingData.java:50) at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.initializeStatically(InternalInjectorCreator.java:133) at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.build(InternalInjectorCreator.java:106) at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:95) at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:72) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.initDependencyInjectors(Server.java:1283) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.run(Server.java:698)
check the server.log for more details

Also noted below errors in the server.log
2024-03-14 16:19:36 AEDT [ISS.0045.0358E] (tid=427) Unexpected error accessing the IS JDBC Pools component. Details: Unable to get the function alias ISDashboardStats configuration. Details: wm.server.jdbcpool
2024-03-14 16:19:36 AEDT [ISS.0045.0038E] (tid=427) Unable to save event in table. Details: Unexpected error accessing the IS JDBC Pools component. Details: Unable to get the function alias ISDashboardStats configuration. Details: wm.server.jdbcpool
2024-03-14 16:19:36 AEDT [ISS.0045.0359E] (tid=427) Unable to get the function alias ISDashboardStats configuration. Details: wm.server.jdbcpool

Any help would be highly appreciated. Will I need to do any other configurations before starting the local server from Designer. Note that I followed the same steps here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMTTwoJSIpw

Thank you.

I assume this is the Service Designer bundle you’re talking about?

Regarding the JDBC pool issues, I have encountered similar things due to authorization issues with the installation folder. The runtime wasn’t able to access the filesystem in write mode.

The other error may be related. But if I were you I would try the full bundle with the JDK, to figure out if these issues are related to your JVM or not.

Is this the Windows or the macOS bundle? In the macOS bundle you’ve got a setup.sh script that needs to be executed.

1 Like

Thanks @Stephane.TAILLAND_emp for your reply. Yes this is the Software AG Designer 10.15 installation downloaded from here for Windows: webMethods Service Designer Download

For this instance I have downloaded the version without JDK as java version 18 was already installed in the machine. As you have suggested I will download the one with JDK and see if it works.

The full bundle comes with a Zulu JDK in version 11, so there’s a significant gap with your version 18…

@Stephane.TAILLAND_emp Thank you. yes that was the issue. Downloaded the Designer with JDK, which is having JDK 11. Start server was successful.

@chinthanapannila happy to know the server start successully. Please accept the answer of @Stephane.TAILLAND_emp, So this thread will be closed.