Error: Save Tamino Result from Browser

If I make a request to Tamino (V3.1.1.4) in a browser window (MS IE 6.0) and I try to save the result (save as…) it does not work (There is no error message, however the result is not saved).

Can it be, that the error occures, because Tamino does not send correct HTTP-Header information?

At least if you select the properties of a Tamino-Result in the IE-menu) no type (“text/xml”) is available.

Hi Hans-Peter, the problem is easier to see if you right-click and select the “View Source” menu item. You get the error “The XML source file is unavailable for viewing.”.

The reason that there is no XML for viewing and no XML is saved if you do a “Save As…” is that Tamino will always respond with a “Cache-Control: no-cache” header. When you do a View Source or Save As, then IE takes the copy from browser cache and saves that. So if the file is not in cache it is not saveable!

The properties also work the same way, the file size/type etc. is that of the cached version.

Hope this helps.

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Dear Stuart

Thank you very much for your fast answer.

So, if I understand you right, there is no way to save a Tamino result from the Browser.
Thats a pitty, however, the no-cache cache-control makes sense, of course.

Best Regards :slight_smile:
Hans-Peter

Note that this behavior is MS-Internet Explorer specific. I had absolutely no problem saving the XML from the Mozilla browser.

We’ve tried reporting this to MS as a bug in IE, but they say it’s intentional.