Error in conecting to the database

Hi,

While connecting to a database i am getting the following error:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource UL.AuthPage.dbConnection:inFileFactoryConn.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=135295488)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

Can someone please reply with suggestions or soultion to the above issue as soon as possible.i am using webMethods 6.1.

Thanks,
Hari Krishna Ramadurgam

Hari,
You will find a lot of posts on this forum related to this error.Use the search functionality of this site.To start with you can use these links on this site.

[url=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com

[url=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

Hi,
When creating a connection to Oracle database when should i use the different type of transactions, like no transaction, local transaction and XA transaction ,what should be the cases when i should use a particular type of transaction

Hi Kiran,
No_Transaction provides you No control over the Transactions.It automatically commits all the operations.Local_Transaction provides control over the transactions in a way that all operations occuring in same connections in one flow service(multiple services), java service,adapter service can be commited or rolled back together.XA_Transaction provides a two-phase transactions across multiple databases.All the operations on multiple databases will be rolled back or committed together.Usually if you are dealing with a single DB, use Local_Transaction.For multiple DB’s, use Local_Transaction.

Remember these Transaction types are used for the implicit transaction handling by the IS. if you want to handle transactions explicitly remember to use the transaction services in WmART package. 

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

oops…it should read as “For multiple DB’s use XA_Transaction”…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

Hi Puneet ,
Thank you very much for your reply ,one thing i am not clear is we should go for XA transaction if we are dealing with 2 databases,but when ever we create a connection we are specifying the database name ,so i think using a connection we will be able to connect to only one database

Am i right ?

Hi Puneet ,
one more doubt is how do we define the scope of the local Transaction ?you say that if we define the connection as local transaction then all the services which use this connection will commit together or rollback together means lets say there are 5 services( adapter) in different packages being created and all are called in a single flow service and one of them is failed then all will be roll backed ? if every thing is success then only they all commit .

you say local transaction will provide control over commit and roll back ,how is this done by us explicitly

In the same scenario if we use no transaction all the success one will commit and failed one will roll back

Let me know i am right or wrong ?

Kiran,

TO Answer your first query:
During connection creation we specify only one DB.For multiple DB’s it means you have multiple connections.In IS 6.1 you can use setAdapterServiceNodeConnection service in WmART package to change this also.

TO Answer the second Query:
Scope of transaction is the flow service or adapter service which is executing.If you are using Local_Transaction with implicit transaction then your IS transaction context can contain only one connection.TO manage different connections in Local_Transaction you need to use explicit transaction.To explicitily control the transactions you need to use services in wMART pacakge.There are startTransaction, commitTransaction and rollbackTransaction for this purpose.

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

Hi puneet

Thank you for your reply
i have one more doubt here for the second answer what do you mean by local transaction with implicit transaction and explicit ?
where are we specifying the connection transaction is whether implicit or explicit in the connection parameters ?

If you dont mind can i have more explaination on second issue we are discussing ?

Kiran,
Unless and until you are not using the startTransaction, commitTransaction and rollbackTransaction services in your flow services, it means implicit transactions.If you use these services it is explicit.

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

Puneet,

Thank you for your reply.I do have doubt about using insert notification.in the table column if we specify two tables then the notification when will the notification fires when data is inserted in both the tables or when in any one table then it will fire ?

Hi

how should the services in WM ART package be used like the start commit and roll back transactions? Here what should be the name of the transaction .(the input for these services)

Developer,

The Transaction Name can be anything.but it should be the same name in all the svc’s(start,commit and rollback).can only use them if the Transaction Type of the Connection is set to LOCAL_TRANSACTION.

hope this helps.
ramesh.

Hi Ramesh,
Thank you for your reply. Let me tell you my scenario. I am updating two tables emp and dept (these are two adapter services to update two tables which are called in a flow service) .In the begining of the flow step i have called the start transaction and then these two adapter services.Now of these two the first one is inserting successfully and the second one has some error and then it is going to catch block ,where i have called the rollback transaction service,and it is also executing . Now since these two services are in between start and commit or rollback services i should not see a new record in both the tables. But i can see a new record in table for which the adapter service works fine …

Thanks in advance

Developer,

Can you tell me what is the Connection Type of the JDBC Connection?If it is NO_TRANSACTION, you have no explicit control to commit or rollback.but whereas, if you use LOCAL_TRANSACTION, you can use services in WmART package like start, commit and rollback.

hope this helps.

ramesh.

Hi Ramesh,

I have verified the connection and it is of type Local_transaction.

Could you please explain me with an example ,how we can explicitly commit and rollback a transaction

Thanks in advance

hi,
i am new to this site.i have a problem when running(starting) the IS.
when i see task manager java.exe is there .but after sometime it’s get shutdown.what might be the problen.can any one suggest.
thanks in advance

Balaram,
Your problem might be the License key.Did you check if you have a valid license key or a evaluation one.If license key is not valid IS will shutdown in 30 mins.Also check in logs if you are getting some error.

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma