Enabling a package having service which conflicts with other in namespace

An attempt is made to enable a new Package on a webMethods Integration Server. However, the server already has an enabled Package which contains a service with the same fully qualified name as a service in the new Package. What will happen?

The new Package will get enabled but will not display the service which has the same qualified name as the other service in an already enabled package.

Thanks Vikarm

Hi,

You will get the following error when u try to load the new package with the service that exists in the already enable package.

0003F4 [B2BSERV.0026.0002] Failure while loading service <exisiting>
[B2BSERV.0026.9109] Already registered in <exisint>

Hi,

You will get the following error when u try to load the new package with the service that exists in the already enable package.

0003F4 [B2BSERV.0026.0002] Failure while loading service <existing>
[B2BSERV.0026.9109] Already registered in <exisiting>

Kalyan

I tried and I agree with Kalyan because I got the same error what he mentioned. but that is also true that existing service is being overwritten and you will have only one service at a time from two, from which each is same in fully qualified namespace.

Thanks to both of you.

I tried and I agree with Kalyan because I got the same error what he mentioned. but that is also true that existing service is being overwritten and you will have only one service at a time from two, from which each is same in fully qualified namespace.

Thanks to both of you.

Friends,

But as long as you have different Package Names having with same fully qualified Service Names,i don’t think it will create problems while loading a new package with same service name.

For Example:

OrderManagement (packageName1)
—OrderManagement
—XML
----Inbound
-----PO
–POXMLMapping (Service)

Logistics (PackageName2)
—Logistics
—XML
----Inbound
-----PO
–POXMLMapping (Service)

Hope this example matches with Nilesh post.Correct me if i have mis-understood the problem.

Thanks,

RMG,
You have not mis-understood my problem. what you have explained exactly the same situation I am facing. More clearly I have services as mentioned below:

-MyPackage(package1)
—test (folder)
-----test (sub folder)
------- testXML (service)

-YourPackage(package2)
—test (folder)
-----test (sub folder)
------- testXML (service)

First I have exported “MyPackage” in a zip file and copied it into
\IntegrationServer\replicate\inbound

Then I have deleted “MyPackage” from developer.

Now I am creating the another package “YourPackage” as mentioned above and activating, loading the same.

Upto this, I have only one package your package enabled. Now I am importing the “MyPackage” from IntegrationServer Administrator.

Now It successfully imports “MyPackage” and activates also. I have enabled also. but in server log I got error message that “service is already registered with another package”. and the existing service in “Your package” is lost at all. You can see the service but contains of the service was totally lost.

What would be the problem or what should I do to prevent it getting overwritten ?

Thanks in Advannce.
-Nilesh
webMethods Certified Developer (6.0)

Hi Nilesh,

The error is thrown because test:test:testXML is alreay available in the package (“yourPackage”), when you try to load “myPackage” which contains the same service. In webMethods packages act as containers and they donot include in fully qualified Service Names.
As RMG mentioned, it is found that not only the package names are different but also the first level folder names are different, hence that do not cause any error.

Kalyan

Kalyan, Thanks for your suggestion.