Email Notification Action

Hi!

I have created a Design/Change Time policy that will trigger email notification at pre-state change.

In the email notification action, I have provided parameters such that it will send a formatted body text, like:

but what I see in the email sent by CentraSite is:

Is what I am getting, the default message sent by CentraSite? The policies, LC model, are already enabled/activated.

Is there something that I missed?

Thanks in advance.

hm, that’s strange…

Hi,

I assume you have used the initate approval policy action?
If so: this policy can either use a custom email subject entered in the policy action configuration or you can pick an e-mail template stored in webdacv. The e-mail you get looks like the standard e-mail template. Please make sure that you have no template selected in the policy action config but just your custom text is entered.

Daniel

Hi,
I had created Design/Change Time policy for Post-State changes and I had added states of service lifecycle model to this policy and provided the user ,subject for Send Email Notification action saved and changed the state productive.Then I created a sample service and changed life cycle state from design to development and it got changed but I haven’t got any notification on this state change.

Please suggest what could be the reason. Am I doing anything wrong and please let me know to trace if any issue happended or not

what version and edition of CentraSite are you using? Have you configured the SMTP destination properties?

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite9-10/CentraSite/9-10_CentraSite_webhelp/index.html#page/centrasite-webhelp/to-configuring_the_email_server_2.html

Yes mail setup is in place. And im using inbuilt templates.Don’t know where is the missing and how to figure out this issue.Please are version details.Please suggest how trace out this issue

Control Full Version

9.8.0.4-572

Registry/Repository Version

Operating System

Linux 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64

Hi,
The issue got resolved.I make the authentication to false in property for SMTP setup then I receiving the mails

I want custom message in send Email notification I found ${entity.name} which give actual service name.I just want to know entity.name what are other operation is available for entity object,it will great if you provide some documentation where I can find all the operations of entity object

[url]http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite9-10/CentraSite/9-10_CentraSite_webhelp/index.html#page/centrasite-webhelp/to-built-in_actions_for_design-change-time_policies_26.html[/url]

Thanks for your quick response.

I have one requirement to delete any asset in centrasite it should follow approval process.ones it’s approved then only asset should be deleted. Here asset can be a service ,organization,taxanomies etc

But when I went through documentation it was given only for pre-statechange and onsconsumerRegsitration Approval will initiated. Need some guidance to achieve approval process for deletion of any asset

I have one requirement to delete any asset in centrasite it should follow approval process.ones it’s approved then only asset should be deleted. Here asset can be a service ,organization,taxanomies etc

But when I went through documentation it was given only for pre-statechange and onsconsumerRegsitration Approval will initiated. Need some guidance to achieve approval process for deletion of any asset