em.EDIINT:send error handling

Hello,

I’m trying to process error handling after sending a file.
What is the best way to do this?
For me ideally would be if after sending a file I could wait in loop for receiving MDN response, but I have no idea how to check MDN response status?

Thank you for any help.
Best reagrds,
Marek Marków

First, Is your EDIINT message (payload) processed fine to your TP AS2 URL? If it processed and requested MDN (per EDIINT:send service configuration) you should receive it immediately and reconcile with original EDIINT message.

Do you see any errors in the Activity/server logs while sending/receiving?

HTH
RMG

Thank you for the reply.
No there are no errors in log.

I’m not advanced in webMethods and TradingNetowrk so I descibre the situation:

1. For test reason I’m running AS2 connector at my local computer.
  2. I’m sending the file from my IntegrationServer to my local computer (requestMDN=synchronousMDN, requestSignedReceipt=true)
  3. I’m getting the file at my local computer without any errors in log
  4. In webMethods Trading Network Console - Transaction Analysis, I can see two messages:
  • outgoing - type=EDIINT, Processing Status=DONE, User Status=SendMsg:DONE
  • incomming - type=EDIINT MDN, Processing Status=DONE, User Status=ProcessMDNMsg:DONE
  1. My documentation says that send service has no output parameteres, however in developer I can find the output parameter ‘bizdoc’
  2. Returned bizdoc is always null, no metter if file is send with success or not.

Best regards,
Marek

1. In webMethods Trading Network Console - Transaction Analysis, I can see two messages:
  • outgoing - type=EDIINT, Processing Status=DONE, User Status=SendMsg:DONE
  • incomming - type=EDIINT MDN, Processing Status=DONE, User Status=ProcessMDNMsg:DONE

→ This above indicates the AS2 processed fine sent (EDIINT)/received (MDN back).So did you check with your TP and make sure they received the EDIINT payload?

HTH,
RMG

For test reason I’m sending file between two of my computers, and Yes I’m getting the file at my second computer.

Everything was configured and implemented not by me, so please let me know if I could check anything else to find out what is the problem.

If I understand You correctly, the service ‘send’ should return the bizdoc document if everything goes right?

Regards,
Marek

Yes…so what is the issue now not receiving MDN back to the source system?

The problem is that in the service that is sending data I have no information that data was delivered with success, returned bizdoc document is always NULL.

I need to know if file was delivered or not.

You mentioned getting file on target server and once the EDIINT:send succeeds you are all set and why are you checking bizdoc on source,check the destination server received and processed MDN back or not.

I believe you are testing the send/receive communication and validation:

HTH,
RMG

How could I be sure that EDIINT:send succeeds? How can I chack at the sender side that file was succesfully delivered?

Regards,
Marek

You will get MDN back (indicates file sent to TP) and also check the TN user status if EDIINT send succeeds then:

EDIINT shows - SendMsg:DONE (and Tasks tab Delivery-DONE)
EDIINT MDN shows - ProcessMDNMsg:DONE

HTH,
RMG

So the only way to be sure that file was delivered with success is to process MDN response asynchronously with send service?

Isn’t there any other way just to call EDIINT:send and then wait in the same service/process to get MDN response synchronously?

Best regards,
Marek

No as far I know:

OK, I understand.
Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Marek

your welcome…good luck!