EDIInt As2 Attachments

Does webMethods support multiple attachments over AS2?

Also, I have a trading partner request that the payload be named
something else, such as orderCreate.xml
Is that possible?

Thanks, _brett pierce.

Resolution: After contacting webMethods support, attachments, including multiple ones are not supported. The payload comes over to the client as a stream object.

-I was told to put this in as a ‘feature’ request.

Hi Brett,

Thanks for your note on this. Just want to make sure few points regarding this.

You were speaking about receiving EDI data as an attachment in payload with same filename for the data.

If any Trading Partner sends the EDI data as an attachment, TN will able to receive the data, but will not be able to match with any of the existing document types and treats it as an unknown doc type.

Is that correct? I got similar request. Thanking in advance.

Thanks,
Chandrakanth.L

Hi brett,

i have done some transmition with attachments in mime files in webMethods , i think AS2 supports mime file , so you can try this.

Hi Rookie,

Do we need to have some additional settings in order to receive the attachments through AS2?

Thanks,

Hi kanth505,

just come back from a long vacation , sorry to reply so late,
i didn’t do it in edi , what i have touched is xcbl protocol,and there are some services focusing on this point , but for edi , i m not sure there is.

Hi kanth505,

just come back from a long vacation , sorry to reply so late,
i didn’t do it in edi , what i have touched is xcbl protocol,and there are some services focusing on this point , but for edi , i m not sure there is.

No we can’t process attachments concept/support via AS2 as far I know and with other tools as well:

HTH,
RMG

The MIME used in AS2 is for its own purpose - payload(edifact xml etc), signed and encrypted payload, and public key certificate of the signing party (occassional). There is no way one can add additional file in this object.

I heard that the feature to keep the original filename in AS2 is still in certifying phase.

Cheers
Guna

I heard that the feature to keep the original filename in AS2 is still in certifying phase.

–Yes I heard the same!