EDIFACT messages being split into multiple files

Hello all

I receive and send EDIFACT messages via TN. The problem is when a single files containing many messages like below example
UNB…
UNH
UNT
UNH
UNT
UNH
UNT
UNZ

The TN splits and send this as 3 seperate files to the partner.
Now the partner says he do not want the files split and requests it to remain single file.
Where should this setting be done in WMTN.

Thanks in advance
Vinod

Basically you have to send UNEDIFACT envelope(this will contain all the UNH’s wrapped) to your trading partner instead of UNEDIFACT transaction set.So update your TN processing rule to select Envelope when delivering outbound and unselect trasaction set

HTH,
RMG

Hello RMG

Thanx for reply.

I changed the processing rule doctype - unedifact envelope, but still no change, and all the split transactions ended with user status -IGNORED (as the processing rule was changed).

Should I have to add the Processing Status = NEW in modified processing rule ? so that it do not splits.

Thanx
Vinod

Vinod,

Basically TN do EDI transactionset splits,Envelope,Group always by default.But if you use TN TPA functionality and set splitOption to “Interchange” level then you will only see UNEDIFACT Envelope gets persisted in TransactionAnalysis.

The transaction level splits which shows userstatus IGNORED indicates they have selected default processing rule which it dont go to partner,only UNEDIFACT Envelope delivers to your partner as per the actual rule selected see the activity log for details.

“Should I have to add the Processing Status = NEW in modified processing rule”
Not really needed.

HTH
RMG

Hello RMG

I tried to find this setting, but could not.
Could you support me in how do this setting.

The core service which submit the EDI data to WmTN is below

clearPipeline
stringToBytes
recognize
persist
Branch
%attributes%
view
clearPipeline
loop over /relatedDocs
SEQUENCE
view
setAttributes
routeBizdoc

Thanx
Vinod

Hello RMG

I tried to find this setting, but could not.
Could you support me in how do this setting.

The core service which submit the EDI data to WmTN is below

clearPipeline
stringToBytes
recognize
persist
Branch
%attributes%
view
clearPipeline
loop over /relatedDocs
SEQUENCE
view
setAttributes
routeBizdoc

Thanx
Vinod

Vinod,

If you are using IS/TN6.x or above version,please see View/Agreements menu in the TNConsole.And there you will see default TPA’s…for your use create a partner specific EDITPA and set splitOption is Interchange.

HTH,
RMG

Hello RMG

I tried View/Agreements menu, but I found no option for split.
There was
Sender,Receiver,Agreement ID,IS Document Type,Control Number, Data Status (Non-modifiable & Modifiable), Export Service, Initialization Service.

Iam using ver 6.01
Any Idea how to proceed.

Thanks
vinod

Vinod,
Basically you will see default TPA unknown/unknown for sender/receiver just double click on it you will see splitOption.

So depends on this you create a partner specific EDITPA or you can also duplicate default TPA by rightclick and select your trading partners in sender/receiver fields.

HTH,
RMG

Hello RMG

Copied the default TPA and added the sender and receiver, changed the splitOption to interchange.But still the individual Transactions are created with default processing rule.

The TPA IS doc type wm.b2b.editn.TPA:EDITPA contains input values as follows
persistMultipleDocEnvleope - true
processingMode - testing
splitOption - Interchange
FAReconciliation - false
UNAmode - auto

The core service that post the EDIFACT data contains flow service as follows
stringToBytes
Recognize
Submit

Please give some solution, is there any doc on internet to refer
Thanks
Vinod

Hello RMG

Copied the default TPA and added the sender and receiver, changed the splitOption to interchange.But still the individual Transactions are created with default processing rule.

The TPA IS doc type wm.b2b.editn.TPA:EDITPA contains input values as follows
persistMultipleDocEnvleope - true
processingMode - testing
splitOption - Interchange
FAReconciliation - false
UNAmode - auto

The core service that post the EDIFACT data contains flow service as follows
stringToBytes
Recognize
Submit

Please give some solution, is there any doc on internet to refer
Thanks
Vinod

If your sender/receiver matches with partner specific TPA,splitOption should definetly work.Also make sure TPA’s Agreement Status=Agreed.

Not sure where your configuration is missing.Well same setup working here.

Please refer TN,EDI documentation about EDITPA functionality and how it works.

Sorry for not troubleshooting much right now.

HTH,
RMG