EDI 850-Failed to split the envelope into ST Segments

Hi All,
we have an INBOUND EDI(850) and need to convert it into SAP IDOC.
TN will receive EDI from GXS VAN and based on sender and receiver processing rule service will invoke.
processing rule service will convert the EDI to SAP IDOC.but we are getting below error while testing

Error Type: com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException
Error: Failed to split the envelope into ST Segments.
Service Name: common.ErrorHandlingServices:throwServiceException

What i believe problem is with TPA.TPA IS doc type delimiters are

Record 7E
filed 2E
sub field 3E

these delimiters are valid? this TPA duplicated from existed TPA(for 850) . Problem with TPA or Test file?.
Please help me in fixing this.Thanks in advance.

vasu

If the problem with the 850 file itself then TN doesnt’ recognize it properly.Are you able to see the split in the TN as per the default TPA?

What configuration you have made so far in the TN any partner specific TPA defined and your rule expecting X12 Envelope or X12 4010 850 to the processing service?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

we have an implemented interface which handles inbound EDI’s(850) to SAP IDOC(which is in prod no issues.),
Now our requirement is need to integrate one more partner with SAP.
I have included new partner id(in criteria/sender) in the existing Processing Rule(which is already there for other partner) and created new TPA.standard processing rule service already there to handle different partners, so no issues with this service.

Now after submitting the EDI sample to TN, I am getting three transactions X12 envelope,X12 group,X12 4010 850,

For all transactions processing status is "DONE"and user status is failing for X12 group and DONE for other two trx.
And getting an error report stating the below error.

“Error Type: com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException
Error: Failed to split the envelope into ST Segments.
Service Name: Common.ErrorHandlingServices:throwServiceException”

I compared the TPA in prod and DEV both are different ,I imported the prod TPA to DEV but no use.

please advise me.

Thank you,
Srinivas.

OK…If the processing is working for other TP 850 it should work this also…

It may be some formatting issues with the GS and ST level and thus the error leads to…What does the Activity log for the X12 Group and transaction set show?

Can you check more details on your TN setup for this partner and EDI file you are getting comparing with that is working fine in prod setup?

I assume the split option is set to Transaction on the new TPA?

Also what is your IS version?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG

Thanks for quick reply.

Below are my comments in bold.

It may be some formatting issues with the GS and ST level and thus the error leads to…What does the Activity log for the X12 Group and transaction set show?
[b]"showing some warning msg like below.
Expected a control number of 9, but received 18. This is a out of sequence control number. [EDIFTN.000010.000252]

Expected a control number of 17, but received 16. This is a duplicate control number. [EDIFTN.000010.000248]

Expected a control number of 17, but received 16. This is a duplicate control number. [EDIFTN.000010.000248]"[/b]

Can you check more details on your TN setup for this partner and EDI file you are getting comparing with that is working fine in prod setup?
I am using Prod archived file as sample test file by editing sender/receiver detailes in EDI
I assume the split option is set to Transaction on the new TPA?

yes its Transaction

Also what is your IS version? 8.2

Thank you
Srinivas

OK based on the errors above you must have selected to detect the control numbers settings on the TPA…there are multiple settings for these control numbers area.

Can you turn off those for now for your Inbound testing and see if those errors goes away?

HTH,
RMG