documentID coming from bizDoc is unique ?

Hi,

I am working on wm6.1 TN, invoking a service thru processing rule from TN.
I have to write the data into a file with unique ID. I have used date and time as file name, but our partners doesnt want us to use date and time as it disturbs at their end…so we are using documentID coming from bizdoc when called thru processing rule as a filename.

Is the documentID coming from bizdoc which is called through processing rule unique?

or please let me know is there anyother way to make the filename unique,
when the service is called thru a procesing rule

rgds,
bala

Instead you can extract/map bizdoc/InternalID (this is unique per every document that persists in TN) to the desired target field

Is the documentID coming from bizdoc which is called through processing rule unique?

Basically bizdoc/DocumentID is the one you set explicilty to extract some unique datafield from the document content,when you define DocumentType – under Extract tab.
and the processing rule invoked service will have bizdoc (wm.tn.doc.rec:BizDocEnvelope) in the pipelin…

HTH,
RMG

thanks rmg,

but the filename should be of only numbers and there is a limit for max size to 18.
but the internal ID is alpha numeric.

what do u mean by above question…the flow service is called thru processing rule.

is there a way to make the documentID created by TN unique ?

rgds,
bala

is there a way to make the documentID created by TN unique ?

TN won’t create it automatically…you have to set it explicltly using doc extraction and then you will have it bizdoc/DocumentID in the pipeline before you map to target field…

Basically bizdoc/DocumentID is the one you set explicilty to extract some unique datafield from the document content,when you define DocumentType – under Extract tab

Other option would be go with custom way…like a counter(sequence number) store/pull it from a properties file or database everytime you send a doc to your TP.

HTH,
RMG

Thanks rmg,

counter/sequence numbers are not accepted by our TP, as they have some issues pertaining to it, if it recurs in a sequence order.

If I want to set the documentID explicityly, where in I can do that, can u please explain me.

in preprocessing tab of the processing rule, if I change “check for Duplicate type” to “Use Builtin Service to check for duplicate document” and I keep that as “DocumentID only”…will this makes the documentID unique…
or else this will check only when reprocessing the document.

rgds,
bala

You have to setup DocumentID in the TN DocumentType section – under Extract tab…click on the particular DocumentType and under ExtractIdentifiers tab.this is the same you do for SenderID,ReceiverID’s you will option for DocumentID also.

And put the document field XPATH (what ever you feel its unique datafield from the xmldata)

HTH,
RMG

thanks rmg,

I want to mention you few things, correct me if I am wrong

1.input for the flow service in my case is not xml data.
2.we can set/extract documentID for the document types which we create but not for the default document types like X124010810 etc…
3.the flow service is being invoked through processing rule after the partner profile and document type validations and the input document is a bizDoc to the flow service.

So, when the input document is a bizDoc i cant set/extract documentID rt…

I have asked you one more question in my previous post:
‘in preprocessing tab of the processing rule, if I change “check for Duplicate type” to “Use Builtin Service to check for duplicate document” and I keep that as “DocumentID only”…will this makes the documentID unique…
or else this will check only when reprocessing the document.’

rgds,
bala.

'in preprocessing tab of the processing rule, if I change “check for Duplicate type” to “Use Builtin Service to check for duplicate document” and I keep that as “DocumentID only”…will this makes the documentID unique…

This is used if you want to validate DocumentID’s (duplicate check) the documents routed to TN and Activity log will have the error details.

Yes true,for any EDI docs you cannot edit the documentype.

But you can set/change the extraction criteria for the DocumentID in the WmEDI admin homepage…click on the Packages WmEDI home icon under the Packages/Management section and look for AddExtract/Identifiers link and specify the edi field path for eg: 850_ST/BEG/BEG02 (PO Number) or 810_ST/BIG/BIG02 (Invoice#)…and this will show up in the bizdoc/DocumentID when processing rule invokes a service.

HTH,
RMG