Do modal dialogs work at all in IE9?

Hey all,

I’m developing an app for our client and seem to have run into an issue with IE9 and modal dialogs. I created a modal dialog which opens via an Invoke Script. It’s been working great on Chrome, IE8, Safari, Firefox, however in IE9 I run into this error when calling the “setVisible(true)” on my dialog:

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property ‘innerHTML’: object is null or undefined
dialog.js?l=en_US&v=110525221341, line 267 character 1

I’m using the webMethods 8.2 suite of tools. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Many thanks!

-Marco

Hi Marco,
I developed a small sample to replicate your issue but it is working fine.
My IE9 version 9.0.8112.16421

Please try creating a stand alone application to replicate the same issue. If this works in your IE9 as well
then something else in your client application page might be causing the issue.

Regards,
Sravan

Hi Sravan,

Much appreciate the reply. I created a stand-alone client but I was getting some strange behavior. If I try to open the dialog twice in IE9 (click a button twice), the error will come up on first click, then the dialog will come up on the second click.

Again, the same set of widgets and layout work perfectly on other browsers. For now (hack), I’ve fixed the issue by ensuring it’s called twice. I’d love a more graceful solution.

Hi Marco,
Can you please share the stand alone app you created to replicate the issue and your IE9 version as well.

Regards,
Sravan