Display data from SQL Table to Chart in CAF

Hi Guys,

I’m actually new in CAF development. I am trying to display data from a SQL Table into a Pie/Bar Chart in CAF.

I have created the DB connection, adapter and flow service in Designer IS and they all working fine. I can pull data from the table using my flow service. Also created a web service descriptor for the same flow service so I will be able to drag and drop it onto the chart within UI Development but nothing is return after publishing the Portlet application Project. Please note that it works fine when I only want to display the data into the form.

The issue I am having is to display the data to the chart in CAF, it does not display anything after publish it to MWS and it does not give me any errors.

Can someone advise on how to create Chart in CAF that will display data from SQL Table?

Regards,
Thabo

Hi Thabo,

eventually the chart control requires the data to be presented in a specific data provider.
This means that the data provider is retrieving the data from IS via the WebService and the chart control access the data from there.

Can you provide your wM version (incl. Fix Level if applicable)?

This will help us to give more detailed advice.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the respond.

Yes the data is retrieved via the WebService from the IS, Just not sure how to go about creating the data provider so that I can retrieve the data and pass it to the chart controls.

Some advise on the data provider will be highly appreciated.

My wM version is IS_8.2_SP2_Core_Fix14.

Regards,
Thabo

Hi Thabo,

Can you share the fix level for mws and designer caf development also?

I have never worked with 8.2 in this direction as we are currently finishing our migration from 7.1.x to 9.5 and have omitted 8.2 for timeline reasons.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks again for the response.

See the below fix level for MWS and Designer:

MWS_8.2_SP1_Fix17
WmDesigner_8_2_SP2_Fix1

Regards,
Thabo

Hi Thabo,

you have applied any fixes to your (local) Eclipse-based Designer?
They are named like DES_8.2_SP2_CAD_Fix.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Yes Fix1 have been applied to WmDesigner in my training environment that’s why it shows WmDesigner_8.2_SP2_Fix1 as the latest fix level.

Regards,
Thabo

Hi Thabo,

WmDesigner-Fix is not equal to DES_CAD-Fix.

The first one is applied to the IS and the second one should be applied to your local Designer (Eclipse-based).

Can you run SUM on your Designer-Installlation and select “View installed Fixes”?

Post the result here for further investigation.

Hi Thabo,
I have implemented Charts in caf and below is the solution ( for 9.5 but give a try)

1. Service output should be list with say 2 columns like transaction type and it’s count.
  2. Drag chart to your canvas and bind its property ‘Value’ to service output list.
  3. Now this chart has 2 columns
    a) Set 1st column as ‘#{row.name}’
    b) Set 2nd column as ‘#{row.value}’

publish the project and check if chart has displayed data correctly.

change chart properties as per required look & feel.