Difference between WebServices and Trading Network

Hi All,

Kindly explain what is the difference between Webservices and Trading Network?

Since we can do all the transaction through webservices what is the need to go for Trading Network since it invokes webservice and also both uses SOAP messaging protocol.

Thanks is Advance.

Chares,

You cannot compare both and each has its own functionality and ofcourse both can be used for exchanging external communication between any trading entities (customers,suppliers,buyers,B2B/B2C,BSU’s,DC’s) list goes on.

WebService:

Trading Networks:

TN is used for Transactional exchange/communication method between any parties it can be Internal or External world and it acts as a traditional HUB/SPOKE methodology via transport protocols (HTTP/s,SMTP for using EDI/EC,AS1,AS2,FTP/sFTP) based intergrations.

HTH,
RMG

1 Like

WS and TN are really nothing comparable.
TN allows you to config doc types, routings, saving doc to DB, manage partners, control deliveries and more.
pls read the TN concept guide first.

Yes and please review the WS Developer’s user guide and TN Concepts user guide best to start with from the SAG documentation site. :slight_smile:

HTH,
RMG

Hi All,

Thanks for your response.

I can understand we can’t compare Webservice and Trading Network.

I have doubt, By using webservice we can transfer the data, can add certificate for secure transfer, can create new table to store all the transactions, can resubmit the request to run the service again.

Then why we go for Trading Network?

Is it the Trading Network do all the manual task to be automated?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi

I can give you few adavtanges of Trading Networks

1. Automation of your business transactions(Use processing rules)
  2. Indepentent delivery mechanisum can be defined for Partners(Use Delivery setting in partners)
  3. TN is product with is bulid to communicate with DB and show you transction(you need not bulid any tables from scratch)
  4. GUI which shows you transactions
  5. Restricted access to buisness people
  6. Correlation of transaction
  7. You can create public queue & Private queue(Queue are provided but it cannot be used for JMS but only for TN)
  8. Adavanced query search which make query of transaction easier for business level people
  9. Inbulid archival setup which archives transaction in DB
  10. You can also search on Archived data & Production Data
  11. Large file handling(In webService you need to handle it BLOB/CLOB which bit complex)
  12. Batching of similar transaction
  13. Define your XML,FlatFile & EDI
  14. Use EDI transaction is TN is more easier than lot of products in market

A lot more functionalities were there in TN…Please go through all TN document and best practices

Example: I know vendors who were handling 34 million transaction per day in TN

2 Likes