Determining the user from JSP page

Hi,

I wanted to know whether is it possible to get user details (user name, user group) from the JSP page? I am having one JSP page invoked directly from the admin console and I need to get these information inside JSP page to submit the page. If anybody would have worked on this, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Shriraksha A N

Hello,
With in your JSP you can invoke services like wm.monitor.util:getCurrentUser and wm.monitor.util:groupList,Capture the service pipeline and display it on the JSP.
One way i would do this is by figuring out how DSP pages behind IS admin are doing this and mimic the same functionality in my JSP’s

Thanks,
Anil

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the response…

My requirement is to create read only JSP pages corresponding to a particular user. So if an user invokes an action on the JSP page, then I need to check the user who has requested for the action and which user group does he belongs to? so that the particular user can be restricted to perform action(if the user is matched). This JSP page is present inside admin console.

Regards,
Shriraksha A N

Hello,

If your action is calling a webMethods service on the back end then you can define read,write ,execute permission at the webM service level(In service properties panel).So if the user not in the defined group performs an action in your jsp page Ex: Adding something then he will encounter an exception

Thanks,
Anil