Designer - Too much time to open an adapter service

Product/components used and version/fix level:

Integration Server 10.3
Designer 10.3
JDBC Adapter 10.3 Fix #20

Detailed explanation of the problem:

Hello!
We have a JDBC adapter set and connected in our Integration Server.
I created some adapter services that will make use of it.
It works but, for some reason, it takes a very very long time to load in Designer and I stick with the following situation:

I don’t know why this is happening. When pinging from our I.S server to the Database destination server, I get only 200-300ms of ping. It’s not the best scenario, but isn’t the worse.

Please ,is there anything that I could do to solve this issue? This is happening with a specific database, the other ones are OK and loads really fast.

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log file:

No error but I get frequent “Not Responding” status in SAG Designer

Question related to a free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Production (Customer)

Check this old thread, similar issue reported in Designer 10.3. There is a network connection preference that we could change and verify.

Also, have latest fixes for designer as well.

Does your database have a very large number of objects? I have found that some of the design-time metadata SQL queries performed by the adapter perform incredibly poorly for certain databases. E.g. Oracle E-Business Suite has almost 200,000 tables/synonyms/views. The adapter can freeze Designer for over 24 hours looking up the table/column metadata for this database.

If that is the case, you can use the TableFilter connection property to limit the metadata lookup
https://documentation.softwareag.com/webmethods/adapters_estandards/Adapters/JDBC/JDBC_10-3/10-3_Adapter_for_JDBC_webhelp/index.html#page/jdbc-webhelp/to-config_conn_tablefilter.html

However, I found maintaining that property cumbersome. I just create CustomSQL adapter services, which do not do metadata lookups

Hello Dave!

Yes, the database that our IS is connecting to is really big and it’s a TIBERO database.
I’ll try the TableFilter property soon and I’ll let you know if it improved.
Unfortunately, even using the customSQL it takes a lot of time to load the adapter in Designer.

Thank you very much!