Deployment -business rule

Hi,

Customer needs to take up business rule deployment without using designer. Please suggest whether business rule deployment can be taken over deployer . If yes, Please share the reference documentation for Deployer 10.1 version.

Regards,
Gayathri

Hi Gayathri,

you can find the Documentation either in Empower or here in the Fourm → Documentation section.

AFAIK Deployer can handle Business Rules Deployment from one server to another.
In the Server config in the Deployer UI you can define the affected Business Rules Servers (IS as well as MWS), from which and to which the deployment should be done.
After having the servers defined, create deployment project, deployment set (type "Business Rules") and select the assets (the rules) to be deployed.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the response. Could you please brief about afaik deployer. I am trying this in webMethods 10.1 deployer. One more thing while doing repository based depoyment. After adding repositories, I am not able to see the entries in the deployer page, though files are there in repository.

PFA screenshot.

Please suggest on this.

Regards,
Gayathri

Hi Gayathri,

we are not using repository based deployments yet as it is easier to do runtime based deployments for us.
Additonally we do not have any BusinessRules active at the moment.

Please check the Deployer Users Guide for deployments of Business Rules.
Dependend on how they were developed it might be that these are supported only in runtime mode as they consist of two parts (IS-RulesEngine and MWS-RulesConsole).

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

In Deployer guide,I could see only repository based deployment is mentioned for business rule deployment. Could you please share me the link/ reference document that you used for runtime based business rule deployment in deployer.

As we are getting number of business rule deployment, it will be grateful for us if we get solution asap on this.

Thanks,
Gayathri

Hi @Gayathri_Muthuraj,

Did you find a solution to this problem ?
Even I am looking for Business Rule deployment.

I have tried Business Rule.jar file with repository deployment but no luck.
If you figured out a solution.Please let me know the steps.

Thanks,
Uday

Hi all,

Business Rules only supports repository-based deployment, as described in the “webMethods Deployer User’s Guide”. Runtime-based deployment is not supported.

Using repository-based deployment, Business Rules assets (= rule projects created by the Asset Build Environment) can be deployed to an Integration Server target or a My webMethods Server target.

Please let me know if there are more questions on this,
Joerg

Hi,

What is Asset Build expecting to build BR assets?

The contents of the project directory as it is created in Designer (and committed to a versioning server)?

Best regards,

Hi Gerardo,

yes, the Asset Build Environment expects a rule project directory, as it exists in the Designer workspace.

regards,
Joerg