Deploying BPM to QA

Hello Team,

I am actually deploying my first process from DEV to our QA environment. I have build my process on the DEV environment and can execute it successfully. Then I have set up my remote servers on my DEV Integration Server pointing to the two QA Nodes which are clustered.

Alias Name:TEST_QA_1
host: mycompany.test.com
port: 6666
user:Administrator
Password: manage

Alias Name:Test_QA_2:
hostmycompany2.test.com
port: 6666
user: Administrator
password: manage

Also on WmDesigner package I have created my logical servers. I have replicated these logical servers to the target IS also.

Then in Depployer I have created my BPM(Process Model) servers and tested them successfully.

The problem is when I am creating a BPPM target group with the QA clustered environment. I am getting the below errror

“ProcessModel Target Group Test2 validation failed. Unable to resolve some servers within the cluster TESTISCLUSTER in the group Test2”

In the IS log I can view something like this for both of the remote IS i have set up as remote servers on my DEV IS and as BPM servers on the deployer:

2012-11-13 11:34:50 CAT [DEP.0000.0000E] com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: Error remote invoking service wm.deployer.Plugin.DeployerPlugin2_.connectors:DeployerPlugin2_Ping on system TEST_QA_1: [ISS.0026.9201] Unknown service: wm.deployer.Plugin.DeployerPlugin2_.connectors:DeployerPlugin2_Ping
at com.wm.deployer.plugin.connection.ConnectionUtil.invokeISService(ConnectionUtil.java:373)
at com.wm.deployer.plugin.connection.ConnectionUtil.invokePluginService(ConnectionUtil.java:252)
at com.wm.deployer.plugin.connection.ConnectionUtil.serviceInvoke(ConnectionUtil.java:188)
at com.wm.deployer.plugin.connection.ConnectionUtil.serviceInvoke(ConnectionUtil.java:60)
at wm.deployer.gui.UITargetGroup.testTargetGroup(UITargetGroup.java:3039)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:439)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:643)

Does anyone have issues to deploy BPM to clustered environment ?

Also I want to know if I am setting the remote servers correctly on the IS hosting the Deployer?

Thanking you in advance for your help on this issue.

Kind Regards,
Lutchumaya Karri Veeranna

Hi,

Looks like this is an issue more with the deployer. Do you have WmDeployer and WmDeployerResource package on the target servers?

Also, can you ensure that all the source and target IS servers are on the same patch level especially in terms of deployer and prt patches?

Thanks and Regards,
Ninad Patil

Hello Ninad,

Yes we have both the packages deployed on the all the integration servers. Also can I brieftly tell you the step that I have done.

Create Remote servers in DEV IS to point to the two IS in QA like this:

Create logical servers to point to the QA ISs in DEV and QA.

Add BPM process model servers on the deployer and test the connection.

Create a target group for the QA environment adding the two servers in the cluster and tested the connection.

Then I create my project select my process resolve dependencies.

Create build

Create the map

Then create the deployment map.

When I try to simulate I am getting this error.

Can anyone help on this?

Kind Regards,
Lutchumaya Karri Veeranna

Hi,

Do you have the exact same logical servers on both IS’s WmDesigner?

You can have then point to the different physical servers (of the corresponding environment) as long as they have the same logical server names.

The dependency check on the BPM Deployment Map is green?

In my case I have a different Deployer instance for the other environment, so I can have the BPM target server with the same logical name but pointing to a different physical server.

Hi Veeranna,

Few points…

1. Make sure, the source IS and target IS are of same webMethods version…
  2. Fixes for process engine, core IS fix and deployer must be same…
  3. From the source IS Deployer home page, perform install DeployerResource to target and do this for both the target QA server…
  4. Try deployment to those target servers individually instead of target group…

Let us know how it goes…

-Senthil

1 Like

Hi Veeranna,

please note that the logical server name must be the same on all participating servers, but it can be mapped to different remote servers.

Deployer uses this to determine the physical servers to deploy to.

Regards,
Holger