"Delivery Maximum Retries" value for enterprise profile

Hi,

Im trying to process an incoming flatfile document in TN. I create a “scheduled delivery” task while processing this TN doc.

The send the document to TN through a flow service in the same server where the TN resides (using routeFlatfile). The receiver for this flatfile is the enterprise.

I see that the task gets created with “retry limit” as 3 and “retry factor” as 1. I was wondering from where TN is taking is value?? Can someone explain?

From the pdfs I understand that these values are specified in the partner profile. But, Im talking about the enterprise profile here. From what I see, there is no provision to configure these values for enterprise on TN console.

I’m working on an existing environment. So, I’m sure I’m missing something. Any help would be great!. Thanks.

• Check the action of the processing rule, how you are delivering the document.
  • Check if you are delivering it to any queue… i guess you might be delivering the document to any public or private queue, if yes check the delivery methods and schedule of that queue.

Yes Amar, I am doing a scheduled delivery on a public queue. But on the public queue, we just specify the delivery service and the schedule right?

There is nothing that relates to number of retires.

I see that the task gets created with “retry limit” as 3 and “retry factor” as 1. I was wondering from where TN is taking is value?? Can someone explain?
Those default settings were part of TN properties file located under Packages\WmTN\config folder…You can update those default properties based on your needs and reload WmTN package or restart TNS.

HTH,
RMg

Hi rmg,

The values in the config are
tn.task.maxRetries=5
tn.task.retryFactor=1

Then how does my task get created with maxRetries value “3”?
Probably tn.task.maxRetries specified the maximum number of retries allowed for any delivery?

Those settings would be taken from the DeliveryMethod section of your partner profile (sender/receiver).where you can edit it.Did you check it?

HTH,
RMG

My receiving partner is the “enterprise”. There is no provision to give these values through the TN console for the enterprise profile.

FYI, my sending partner has maxRetries value configured to ‘0’. I’m using 7.1.2 IS with 7.1.2 TN.

My receiving partner is the “enterprise”. There is no provision to give these values through the TN console for the enterprise profile.–Yes enterprise profile will not have it any version doesn’t matter…But normally the tn properties defaults or partner profile settings will be extracted for those task retries only.

HTH,
RMG