Delfor 96A inbound processing

Hi,
I am working on an interface for delfor 96A.
when EDI data has LOC segment after NAD. it goes fine.
when LOC is inside LIN segment it throws error.Is LOC allowed directly inside LIN segment or it is like LIN -> NAD -> LOC.
I am not able to get correct result after convertTOvalues.
Please suggest me a solution whether i need to change the template or this is a fault with something else.

Thanks

Please find the two sample files attached below.

TWO sample files with different LOC segment placements.
Test delfor1.txt (2.2 k)

Amit,

According to the DELFOR 96A Schema LOC structure is present after NAD,and there is no LOC sitting under LIN,only it has LIN/NAD/LOC exists.

UNS
–NAD
—LOC

If LIN then
UNS
–LIN
—NAD
----LOC
So it depends on your EDI guidelines whether to use LOC which is under NAD or LIN/NAD/LOC

HTH,
RMG

Thanks a lot.
please confirm me whether this sequence is correct or not .
As per my understanding this is not possible.
UNS
-NAD
–LIN
----LOC

Thanks & Regards,
Amit

Amit,

The below sequence is not correct and neither it exits in EDI Schema/records structure.so it will fail when you make EDI using
convertToValues itself.
UNS
-NAD
–LIN
----LOC

See my earlier post which i mentioned any of the sequences should work.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Pardon me for asking the same clarification again.
How can we include LOC directly under LIN ? Is there any way we can process this structure. Does any of delfor standard or schema support this structure.?
User send data in the current format LOC directly under LIN and we can’t ask him to change the sequence.
Pls find the attached pdf standard specs by user.

Your help is desirable to get rid of this problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit

delfor specs by user
DELFOR D.96A.PDF (50.3 k)

Hi All,

I am weorking in WM4.6. Let me know if we can edit the schema ? Also is it possible to include the unused COMPLEX TYPES of schema into ELEMENTS. how to change the schema structure?

Thanks & Regards,

Amit,

So is your partner not using standard EDI schema?
For customizing the schema may be you have to edit the template and load it again in WM developer to recreate records/schema etc…

HTH,
RMG

Amit,

Actually i seen the DELFOR96A structure again,this sequence should work
UNS
-NAD (list)
–LIN (list)
—IMD(list)
—LOC(list)–This should come after IMD but not under.
—CTA etc…

HTH,
RMG

I am not able to process this sequence. I have tried and changed the structure of schema according to this.but how should i go for changing and template and the getting a valid output of “convert to values”.

Please guide me about how to do this.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit

Amit,
There are 2 sequences exists in the schema like this
1)
UNS
-NAD (list)
–LIN (list)
—IMD(list)
—LOC(list)–This should come after IMD but not under.
—CTA etc…

2)-LIN
–NAD
–LOC etc…

So if the 1st sequence is not working then you can edit the template.4010 xml and follow the template creation as currently defined and manipulate it per your requirment…or else contact WM Tech support for this resolution if the can provide the correct template.

HTH,
RMG

Sorry i dont know much definitions that contained in SEF file.but i did success loading SEF file using the above service in my earlier project.

I am not sure what pieces you edited for loading the template in the developer.

HTH,
RMG