DBConfigurator is not running

Hi All,

Recently I have applied all new patch fixes that are available for the existing version. After Installing fixes I am getting below error while running the DbConfigurator resulting Scheduler information is not fetching in the Integration server schedulers tab. And also MWS is not coming up.

• Executing action
  • Action : catalog
  • Database : Oracle
  • URL : jdbc:wm:oracle://10.143.1.119:1527;serviceName=WMDB
  • User : WMADMIN

CDC ERROR: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver

Please can anybody suggest on this??

Regards,
Sunil

Hi Sunil,

which wM version is affected?

Which Fixes for DC (two parts; Configurator and Scripts), SCG_DataDirect and IS are installed?

Usually the jar file dd-cjdbc.jar is located under common/lib/ext in the installation directory.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the response.

The fixes DC_8.2_SP2_DBS_Fix15, SCG_8.2_SP2_DataDirect5_Fix1 and Integration Server Core 8.2 Fix 24 have been applied.

The dd-cjdbc.jar is available there in the path that you have suggested.

Can you please suggest me the solution.

Regards,
Sunil

Hi Sunil,

please check for the SCG_8.2_SP2_DataDirect4.2_Fix1 as well.

There should be some sl53_cjxx.jar in the same directory as the dd_cjdbc.jar.

Eventually you need to do some adjustments in the configuration of DB Configurator under common/db/bin to pick up the correct jar file.

WM 8.2 was the version where DataDirect 5 Driver was introduced.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Sunil,

please provide the exact error messages from server.log (for IS) and full.log (for MWS) so that we can check for the reasons.

Remember to migrate the db schema after applying the DC_8.2_SP2_DBS_Fix15 to the latest version available.

There has been at least one change regarding Schedulers in IS which requires an updated database schema.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

The fix SCG_8.2_SP2_DataDirect4.2_Fix1 also has been installed.

And the file sl53_cjxx.jar is not existing in the path where dd_cjdbc.jar placed.

After Applying DC_8.2_SP2_DBS_Fix15, I have tried to run the DbConfigurator script to migrate the DB schemas, but it is saying CDC ERROR: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver.

And the logs for IS and MWS I have attached. Please find those.

Regards,
Sunil

Logs.zip (1.28 MB)

Hi Sunil,

when SCG_8.2_SP2_DataDirect4.2_Fix1 is applied then there should be at least one of the sl53_cjxx.jars, either sl53_cj40.jar or sl53_cj42.jar.
According to the Readme the sl53_cj40.jar needs to be renamed to sl53_cj42.jar.

If this still does not help check for DBConfigurator start skript if these jars are mentioned in the classpath.

Remember to run “mws.bat -s default update” to add the new driver jar to the manifest of the start.jar for boostrapping MWS.
Replace mws.bat with mws.sh when you are on an unix-server.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I have searched for the files you specified and I did not get any one of the files in the path. In the path …/common/lib/ext we have found similar to sl series jars slf4j-API.jar, slf4j-jdk14.jar and slf4j-log4j.jar.

Can you please help me where we can see the start script of DbConfigurator.

I tried to run the MWS script to update, but no luck as it is still not coming up.

Regards,
Sunil

Hi Sunil,

sounds weird.

The start scripts for DBConfigurator are located under common/db/bin.

The error message indicates a classloading issue with jdbc driver.

Did you check the common/lib directory for the driver jar?

In earlier versions MWS had its own copy of the driver jar under MWS/lib or subdirectory of this named sl53_cj42_driver.jar.
Can you check this?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I have verified the dbConfigurator.sh script but did not find any class path definition there.And also I have checked in setEnv.sh and have found that there two jar files are not existing named CDC_PELP_ja_Messages-ALL-Any.jar and CDC_PELP_ar_Messages-ALL-Any.jar

wm-caf-jdbc.jar is existing in common/lib.

For the Jar sl53_cj42_driver.jar I have tried to find in the path MWS/lib, but no luck.

I have attached the both scripts for your reference.

Regards,
Sunil

dbConfigurator.txt (680 Bytes)
setEnv.txt (1.82 KB)

Hi Sunil,

the classpath gets constructed in the setEnv.sh which is invoked at the beginning of the dbConfigurator.sh.

Please add the following line prior to the xercesImpl.jar to the setenv.sh to include the new driver in the classpath:
CLASSPATH=“$CLASSPATH:$DCI_HOME/…/lib/ext/dd-cjdbc.jar”

The two missing jars CDC_PELP_* can be ignored as they are part of a language pack which is not installed in your environment.

I usually prefer the dbConfiguratorUI.sh (even on unix) as the command line client has quite complex syntax.

wm-caf-jdbc.jar is used by MWS for custom UIs deployed to MWS.

As I have never used wM 8.2 I am not sure, but I think that from 8.2 onwards MWS is using the driver from common/lib/ext instead of its own copy. Therefore this copy has been removed from the installation.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Sunil,

just checked your logs.

MWS full.log does not contain any messages I am aware of.

For IS server.log:

• JMS Adapter tries to connect to non-existing Broker. If JMS Adapter is not really needed you should switch to build-in JMS handling (available since wM 7.1)
  • which Fix for SAP Adapter is applied? You should update your JCo libraries to JCo 3.0.17 and IDoc 3.0.12.
  • ISInternal database schema is missing the latest update (“RUN_AT” issue). This is the issue for schedulers not being displayed in the IS Admin UI.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks Holger,

The DbConfigurator issue got resolved and I have done migrating db schema’s. So Scheduler issue got resolved.

But the only issue is MWS is failing start.

Can you suggest on this??

Regards,
Sunil

Hi Holger,

I have applied SAP Adapter 7.1 Fix17 to the application. And please suggest from where can I get those jar files that you have suggested.

Sorry for asking so many questions as I am very new to do this patching.

Regards,
Sunil

Hi Sunil,

you will require an account at SAP Marketplace (SAP Service Marketplace has been retired) to download these archives.

Ask the Administrator of the SAP System if they can download them for you or if they can request the account for you.

Do you know who provided you the current jars for your installation?
They are not part of the SAP Adapter installation by default.

Remember that the JCo part has a native component (either DLL for Windows or SO lib for Unix systems), which is OS dependent.
Usually you will find this library under IntegrationServer/lib.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Sunil,

was the MWS running in the past and is just not starting after applying fixes?
Or was it not running at all?

According to the IntegrationServer log the UserRepository of the MWS has been initialized successfully at some point.

Regards,
Holger

Yes Holger,

Earlier it was running before applying fixes. and after applying fixes it was started running automatically.
After performing all requisites, I have tried to restart the server but it has not started.

Regards,
Sunil

Hi Sunil,

this is bad luck.

You should open an incident in Empower with SAG for this issue.

Can you try to install a second instance of MWS in a different directory using a different database schema for verification.

I am currently struggling with something similar for wM 9.5.

Regards,
Holger