DB2/400 driver file JT400.jar not showing in IS Classpath

Hello,
I am running wM 6.1 and installed JDBC 6.0.3 adapter. Would need to connect DB2 database on AS/400 V5R3. All I have done is copied existing driver file JT400.jar that been used by JAVA application that connects to the same AS/400.

placed JT400.jar under IS directory path -
\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars

and restarted IS. But, I do not see this added to IS Classpath. Hence, when I get this error on enabling adapter connection,

[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource” cannot be located.
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource

Adapter Connection Properties:

Transaction Type : LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class : com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource
serverName : (IP address supplied )
user : (valid user name and Password used)
password :
Other Properties: driverType=thin

Rest of the properties are defaulted.

Any help is greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,
Siva

something more to add to my earlier message…

JT400.jar is also contained in \webMethods6\IntegrationServer\lib

–Siva

Siva,

Try to put your jar file in this location

\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\static(create this static folder if not exist)\jars

And restart IS.

Also please see this post and fix your connection properties,if applicable
[URL=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com

HTH,
RMG

Why not just put the jar file in webm_home\IntegrationServer\lib\jars like any other jar file that you want to add to the IS classpath?

Mark

Yes, it worked after copying to - webm_home\IntegrationServer\lib\jars

Mark, RMG; Thanks very much for your help.

-Siva

Hi,

Our environment has JDBC Adapter 6.0.1 FP1 installed. We need to connect AS/400 V5R2 using JDBC adapter. The readme for this version of JDBC adapter has the following :

“The webMethods JDBC Adapter 6.0.3 Feature Pack 1 is supported on the same platforms as webMethods JDBC Adapter 6.0.3, and supports all the same databases except DB2 for AS/400 and Teradata.”

So, does JDBC Adapter 6.0.3 without the FP1 support AS/400 connection ? Seems like some people are using the same based on previous posts. I am not very knowledgble about AS/400. Can someone let me know what are the components I need to be able to talk to AS/400 ?

Thanks,
Aneel.

Ok, I uninstalled FP1 and now have JDBC adapter 6.0.3 installed. I am running IS version 6.5 SP1. I have put the jt400.jar file in \IntegrationServer\lib\jars\ folder. I am giving the following values for connection parameters

Transaction Type = LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class = com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
serverName = XX.XX.XX.XX
user =
password =
databaseName =
portNumber =
networkProtocol =
Other Properties = driverType=thin

I am getting the following error. I am not sure what port number, networkProtocol and Other properties to give above.

[B]Error encountered

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource DBConnections:DB2Connection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
null[/b]

Can someone please help me troubleshoot this ?

Anil,

Please go thru this thread…you have to use AS400 datasource class.
[URL=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

Thank you. A little more attention to detail on my part would have helped :slight_smile:

Pls update if you have made changes for working and let this forum also know the status.since you are on latest ISv6.5.

HTH,
RMG

I am just doing a POC to demonstrate the clients can use JDBC adapter to access data from AS/400. As far as configuring the connection, datasource class is the only change from above.

Datasource class = com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource