DB component configurator TokenParsing

Hello,

I am facing the authentication error while configuring the MWS DB from Database Component Configurator.

Below is my command :
dbConfigurator.bat -a create -d Oracle -c all -v latest -u -p -l jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;ServiceName=orcl -au SYSTEM -ap #Gehlot1 -n MWSDB

Error :
C:\SoftwareAG\common\db\bin>dbConfigurator.bat -a create -d Oracle -c all -v latest -u -p -l jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;ServiceName=orcl -au SYSTEM -ap #Gehlot1 -n MWSDB user log: C:\SoftwareAG\common\db\bin\..\..\..\common\db\logs\dcc.log developer log: C:\SoftwareAG\common\db\bin\..\..\..\common\db\logs\log-20200916101659.txt dcc version: 10.5.0.0000-0169 executing action: create processing products: <not specified> processing components: [all] java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver]NTLM authentication error: cannot parse part 2 of security token returned for service principal name WORKGROUP\LAPTOP-OARBK5V8. Please check your configuration. at com.softwareag.dcc.db.JDBCConnectionFactory.getConnection(JDBCConnectionFactory.java:18) at com.softwareag.dcc.db.DBMS.getConnection(DBMS.java:78) at com.softwareag.dcc.db.DBMS.getNonStorageConnection(DBMS.java:86) at com.softwareag.dcc.comp.ComponentSet.execute(ComponentSet.java:53) at com.softwareag.dcc.exec.Action.execute(Action.java:75) at com.softwareag.dcc.app.Runner.create(Runner.java:114) at com.softwareag.dcc.app.Runner.run(Runner.java:54) at com.softwareag.dcc.cli.Main.<init>(Main.java:89) at com.softwareag.dcc.cli.Main.main(Main.java:135) Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver]NTLM authentication error: cannot parse part 2 of security token returned for service principal name WORKGROUP\LAPTOP-OARBK5V8. Please check your configuration. at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oraclebase.ddcj.a(Unknown Source) at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oraclebase.ddcj.a(Unknown Source) at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oraclebase.ddcj.a(Unknown Source) at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleImplConnection.a(Unknown Source) at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleImplConnection.b(Unknown Source) at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleImplConnection._(Unknown Source) at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oraclebase.BaseConnection.b(Unknown Source) at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oraclebase.BaseConnection.l(Unknown Source) at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oraclebase.BaseConnection.c(Unknown Source) at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oraclebase.BaseConnection.a(Unknown Source) at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oraclebase.BaseDriver.connect(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247) at com.softwareag.dcc.db.JDBCConnection.<init>(JDBCConnection.java:23) at com.softwareag.dcc.db.JDBCConnectionFactory.getConnection(JDBCConnectionFactory.java:15) ... 8 more error.message: java.sql.SQLException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver]NTLM authentication error: cannot parse part 2 of security token returned for service principal name WORKGROUP\LAPTOP-OARBK5V8. Please check your configuration. error.stackTrace: [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@1a245833 report 0: java.sql.SQLException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver]NTLM authentication error: cannot parse part 2 of security token returned for service principal name WORKGROUP\LAPTOP-OARBK5V8. Please check your configuration.

Please help me with the configuration. Thanks

Hi Ram,

sounds very strange to me.

As per the service name you are using a standard oracle DB, right?
I am using an Oracle XE 10 without any problems, even with wM 9.12 this is still working.

Can you check if there are any security settings active, which try to authenticate your pc before logging in with user an password?

Regards,
Holger

As per the above error, looks like something is blocking access to the database to create objects using DCC.

Are you able to access this database from SQL Developer or DB viewer of some sort from the same machine?

Regards,
Firoz N

1 Like

As an alternative to check, try to create a DB user and password has got dbo permissions on that database first and use the same to run DCC and see if that works.

Then once this is ruled out, then it is purely with Windows authentication blocking somewhere.

Regards,
Firoz N

Hi Gehlot

Problem is that you are passing -au and -ap arguments instead of -u and -p.
-au and -ap arguments are used to pass admin users only when you want to create stroage component. You can create component either by launching DCC UO or running your command line like given below

dbConfigurator.bat -a create -d Oracle -c all -v latest -l jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;ServiceName=orcl -u SYSTEM -p #Gehlot1

Hi,

I doubt that you want to create the objects in the SYSTEM schema which is the main schema for the Oracle Admin.

Therefore I would suggest to provide both sets (-u wm -p #Gehlot1 and -au SYSTEM -ap “password for SYSTEM”).
Additionally you should provide the Tablespace directory where DCC will create the tablespaces WEBMDATA and WEBMINDX from the storage component.

Remember that you have to grant access to some SYS-Packages when creating the objects as SYSTEM instead of as SYS.
At least “GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.UTL_SMTP TO &user;” needs to be granted to the schema specified for parameter “-u”.
Replace “&user;” with the value of the parameter “-u”.

When using Optimize there are some additional grants neccessary:
GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.DBMS_ALERT TO &user;
GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.DBMS_JOB TO &user;
GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.PLITBLM TO &user;
GRANT SELECT ON SYS.V_$PARAMETER TO &user;
Run the Schema creation for Optimize a second time after granting to complete the object creation as the first one fails due to missing rights to grant the needed permissions.

I found it helpful to create some different schemas for the differen components, i.e. Archive, TN, Optimize, MWS, IS/BPM.
Archive requires a different schema than IS/BPM for working properly.
See Monitor Users Guide for how to setup archiving in this case.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

'@Firoz :
It was an Windows error (NT permissions), which encountered during starting of an instance of oracle.

@Holger_von_Thomsen

You are right , I tried creating the tables in System schema, which encountered the errors. Later i referred the guide and created storage(tablespaces) for WM.

The below queries worked fine =

@To create Tablespaces and user :
‘dbConfigurator.bat -a create -d oracle -c storage -v latest -l jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;serviceName=orcl -au SYSTEM -ap #Gehlot1 -u mws -p webMethods -t C:\app\ramGehlot\oradata\orcl’

Admin credentials for creating storage : -au SYSTEM -ap #Gehlot1
User credentials (used for Wm MWS) : -u mws -p webMethods
Directory for creating storage(.dbf files): -t C:\app\ramGehlot\oradata\orcl

@Installing Components :
'dbConfigurator.bat -a create -d Oracle -c all -v latest -u -p -l jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;databaseName=orcl -u mws -p webMethods
’
Thanks you all for help.

2 Likes

Hi Ram,

glad to hear, that you could solve your issue.

Remember that you will require a second schema for “-c Archive” if you want to use the archiving services from WmMonitor package.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like