Dateinput x Dateinput2

Hi,

I would like to reproduce with the DATEINPUT2 component the same that DATEINPUT component. I already tried but I can’t display DATE and TIME together, only date appears time don’t.

Best regards,

Alexandre Oliveira
Software AG Brazil
dateinput2.png

Hi Alexandre,

no, sorry, the DATEINPUT2 does not support time.
It is specialized for calendar functionality. It has nice features like showing several months, instead of just one.

Do you need time and date in 1 control, or would using DATEINPUT2 and render the time in a different control be an option?

Best regards,
Christine

Hi Christine,

I understood that it worked with TIME because when I put the xs:dateTime datatype a variable type (T) is generated.

I could use a separate component. Is there any? I’m thinking of creating a component using JQuery:

My client uses DATEINPUT with DATE and TIME, but is having trouble with blocked popups.

Best regards,
Alexandre

Hi Alexandre,

the FIELD control in NJX also has some “spinrange” functionality. See attached screenshot.
The JQuery spinner looks a little bit better. If there are requests for improving the NJX time support, we are considering to add this or some similar control to the NJX control set.
The DATEINPUT2 is implemented with JQuery, so the SPINNER control is using the same javascipt libraries. Adding a custom control should be straightforward because you already have the right javascript libraries in your page.

Best Regards,
Christine
fieldcontrol_spin.jpg

Thanks Christine,

Problem solved!

I’ve never used this functionality, but it’s an option. I think it would be interesting to include a component that controls the time. Turning to DATEINPUT2, I think it would be interesting to exclude the datatype xs: datetime (this format generates variable type TIME).

Best Regards,

Alexandre

Hi Alexandre,

thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,
Christine