Customize X-application generated files

ok,
i’ve generated a bunch of jsp’s using X-application. But they are a set of search fields, what i want to do is create a set of dynamically loading drop downs, something on the lines of http://www.carsdirect.com , with drop down menu 2 content based on the selection made in drop down menu 1.

I also want to create a wizard, where i’ll be selecting options step by step from a menu, and then based on selections, perform a final query to get a result set.

Since i’m an absolute newbie to JSP, i have no idea how to do this. Could someone please help me out? an idea, perhaps links to tutorials or code would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Sumier

X-Application Version: 3.1.2
Tamino Version : 3.1.1
Platform : Win2k
WebContainer : Tomcat 4.0.3
JDK Version : 1.3.1

here is my $0.02

for www.cardirects.com sample

Step I
Get all the Makers from the database and display them on to the form element type=select some thing like this

<bdm:directcommand type=“query” schema=“” queryparm=“” />
<bdm:browse module=“yourmodule”>

step II
do the same for the models

The logic is to use the directcommand (query) to populate the the select element and the select elements have the names like “query(??? your query here)” and they will carry the query for you on to the next page. This page will do a post on to the list.jsp which does a nice job of displaying the results.

Generally the Xapplication documentation deals extensively with the jsp tag libraries and explains how to use what. I would suggest reading that before you start to modify the xapp generated code.

I hope this helps.

regards
Amit

ps: attached are the two files first one listmod.jsp shows how to carry out the seach on the same page where the results are displayed. (directcommand example)
second file is sample which shows select element usage for doing search
samplejsp.zip (2.68 KB)