custom faultstring & faultactor in soap fault

Hi,

I am creating a webservice provider in WM 7.1.2.

faultcode, faultstring & faultactor in soap fault need to hold custom values instead of having IS generated faultcode, faultstring & faultactor.
(It is a mediation service & soap fault generated by actual service provider need to reach the end user.)

Is there a way to do it in 7.1.2. I am using webservice descriptors provided in 7.1.2 version.

I need it urgently…Kindly help.

Thanks,
Ros

you can branch on the response returned by actual service provider. Depending on the success or failure you can map the custom response to the response document.

Are you able to solve this problem? I am also facing the same issue.

Our service is also a mediation service and faultcode, faultstring & faultactor in soap fault need to hold custom values returned by backend app, instead of having IS generated faultcode, faultstring & faultactor.

webMethods IS 7.1.2 has serious problem of generating wrapper arrays, instead of conforming to the actual document types. (link)

So we decided to go with WSDL first approach. The WSDL has request, response and fault structures defined. Imported the WSDL as provider and IS created its wrapper services and doc types respectively.

For success scenarios, I can see the output being returned appropriately in SOAP UI. But I am not able to receive the custom soap fault message at all.

The web service developer’s guide says

I tried to play with the underlying IS service and populate different fault documentTypes (generated by IS while importing WSDL), but of no use. Also tried to add the fault document in the descriptor, but not getting the fault in the output.

Any help in this regard will be highly apprciated.

I have attached the package and the wsdl here. In the package, the WSD can be found in the ping folder.
SAG_Issue.zip (22.7 KB)
pingSomething.WSDL (2.91 KB)

Yogesh,

I could get it working. EMail me if you need help.

Hara

Haragopal,

I am also trying to create a custom soapfault in my provider WSD. Could you please help me in this regard.

We are using wM 7.1.2.

Regards,
Mudassir

Mudassir,

Are you following a wsdl first approach?

• Hara

Yes, I am following WSDL first approach.

Haragopal,

Could you please help me in creating custom soap fault in provider WSD. I am using WSDl first approach.

Regards,
Mudassir

Hi Hara,

Could you please let me know how you handled to genarate custom faultstring, faultactor in soap fault.

Thanks & Regards,
RKotari