Custom authentication in CAF

hi, i am very new to webMethods CAF, i want to know how to create login page which authenticates the username and password in database.
( i am deploying my views in tomcat ) and based on the authentication i should navigate to the next page.

If the users that you are authenticating also ‘live’ in the database (as opposed to an LDAP server) then you just need to create a DB Directory Service. Please see Administering_My_webMethods_Server → Managing My webMethods Configuration → Configuring an External Database Directory Service

Regards,
–mark

hi mark, If the directory service used is the custom directory service which we are not able to configure in the mws directory service and we are passing the webservice call with userid and the role based on the status we get we should be able to navigate to the next page. The task page should be task inbox of the user.

Can you help me in this.

regards,
Rajesh
[/code]

I’m a bit confused. Are you using a directory service? (Is it the System, LDAP or RDBMS).

While we can probably figure out how to authenticate your users via a web-serivce call, they need to be accessible by MWS in one of those three types of directory services.

–mark

hi mark,
My requirement is , it should check both ldap as well as the custom database of the customer. If the username and password doesnt exist in the ldap it should check for the database. Based on the role the user should be given the landing page.

regards,
rajesh

Then you configure two different directory services, one of type ldap and one of type RDBMS. MWS will automatically attempt to log those users in the order that they are defined in the Directory Services Configuration admin portlet.

Regards,
–mark