Software AG acquired Cumulocity GmbH and its products in March 2017. We are in the final stages of integrating Cumulocity IoT product support into Software AG’s Global Support environment and processes. Software AG maintenance includes access to Empower (http://empower.softwareag.com), the focal point for your support needs. As part of this integration, if you have a active contract with maintenance, in order to receive support on Cumulocity products, we will require you to use Empower and related Software AG tools. If you are a free trial customer, to receive support on Cumulocity products on a free trial basis, we will require you to use our TECHcommunity and related Software AG tools.
Integration Date: The go-live date for your transition to Empower and/or the TECHcommunity for product support is Thursday, May 2, 2019.
To prepare for this change, you need to take the following steps:
Free Trial Customers:
- TECHcommunity Access: In the days prior to May 2nd, we encourage you to create a free account in our TECHcommunity. Get Tips & Tricks, view videos, and get support from the community and from Software AG moderators on a best-effort basis in the Cumulocity IoT forum.
- Documentation: For the immediate future, Cumulocity IoT documentation will be available in its current location.
- Empower Credentials: In the days prior to May 2nd, customers will receive login credentials to Empower. The Empower Overview Presentation provides additional information on Empower’s features, and we encourage you to review it and the Empower FAQ before the transition date. Login to Empower and ensure that you can access eService and that your Cumulocity product(s) appears in the product selection list.
- Support Channels: As of May 2, 2019, we will no longer accept new requests through support.cumulocity.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Support Incidents must be created via Empower’s eService, or by telephone.
Severities: Software AG provides a simple severity system for your Incidents:
Crisis – severe production business impact. If you have a crisis-severity issue, please call your local Support Center to engage us
Critical – significant production business impact
Standard – some business impact, but operations can continue
- Support Numbers: Take note of our global telephone support numbers. Details on our phone system and voice prompts are available on our Support Phone System area on Empower, which you can access using your Empower credentials
- Quick Start Guide: Another resource available is our Engage with Software AG Quick Start Guide
- Documentation: For the immediate future, Cumulocity IoT documentation will be available in its current location. You will also be able to access it via Empower’s Product section.
- Customer Satisfaction: Global Support’s primary goal (for everyone from technician to senior management) is the satisfaction of our customers. When you close a Support Incident, we’ll send you a link to a survey, where you can rate your satisfaction with your support and our products and provide additional insights on how we can improve.
- Feature Requests: If you have an idea for new or changed product capabilities, our feature request system, Brainstorm is the place to go. On Brainstorm, accessible from Empower’s Product section, you can add new features and comment on those entered by others.
With kind regards,
Software AG Global Support