Creating WSDL (SOAP 1.1) from webMethods 7.1

Hello all,

I'm using Dev 7.1 and I'm trying to expose a webservice to a client.  This client can only handle a WSDL with the SOAP version 1.1.  When I create my Web Service Descriptor, I don't seem to be able to get any WSDL in that format.  Any options I select or not on the wizard always creates a WSDL refering to SOAP12.  I've tried the option "Enforce WS-I Basic profile 1.1 compliance" and it doesn't change anything even though it forces me to use the  SOAP Version "SOAP 1.1".

For some reason, to select SOAP 1.1 or SOAP 1.2 is not changing anything in the WSDL created at the end.  It still refers to the 1.2 version.

Is anybody aware of a fix available to correct this? I coudn’t find anything on advantage…

BTW, when I create the WSDL from Dev 6.1, everything is working fine! ;(

Thanks for your time.

Have a nice week-end.

Mathieu

Just another reason not to let a tool create your contract after the fact. Start with the contract (WSDL, WADL, XSD, etc.), then build your service to implement that contract / interface.

Design the messages that the operations in your interface will exchange, describe them as XML elements in a XML schema (XSD) then build your WSDL which imports the message definitions from the schema.

If you choose, you can have the WSD provider gizmo generate service stubs from your WSDL, but that’s just an option.

Mark