WSDL is not working in webMethods

Hi All,

We got a wsdl from HP service managers and able to import it in soapUI, but it is not working in webMethods, getting below errors…

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Only works for element, text, document, and PI nodes.
at wm.server.ws.wsdl2wsd(ws.java:1132)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:403)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:631)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.util.tspace.ReservationProcessor.process(ReservationProcessor.java:40)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:241)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:51)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:228)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:30)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:624)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:536)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:381)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:237)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java:119)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java:151)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPDispatch.handleRequest(HTTPDispatch.java:186)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:327)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:118)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Can anybody help me to find what is the issue, we are using wm7.1.2

do you have any webservice fixes on 7.1.2 ? you may want to apply latest fix and test again…

HI Shahid.
Thanks for suggesting. I already have that fix.

Any other help please.

-Bijendra

Can you elaborate on “not working?” Do you mean you get an error during an import of the WSDL?

Yes when I am trying to create WSD, getting this error in one pop up window.
Any help please.

Thanks a lot.
Bijendra

If your wsdl is referring to external schema .xsd file (which is considered a best practice by the way) and if your integration server is hosted on different machine than your developer, the WSD creation fails.

I was told this is how it is supposed to work in webMethods 7.1.2. There is no way to to create a WSD with a WSDL referring to external schema, unless your IS and developer are running on the same machine.

I tend not to agree on this point, as i have done this. I have referred to wsdl and schema present on different server and have succesfully created webservice connectors.

This is nice to know. I had created service ticket #5020108 with Software AG to understand the problem.

In my case the Integration Server is running on Solaris and the Developer is running on Windows XP.

First I was told to apply webservice fix level 17 and try it. It didn’t work. Then Software AG responded saying that the current behavior is the intended one and it is not supposed to be fixed at least in 7.1.2 version.

Can you provide more information on how did you try it? Did you create only Consumer WSD or Provider WSD as well?